Tripadvisor
Baudette
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews spent a long weekend ice fishing walleye great fishing tina guide dock bait miles package
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2020

We rented a cabin for ice fishing. Cabin was nice other than the fresh mouse poop in the drawers and on the counter every day. They say fully furnished but there was no garbage bags, no one checking on the status of of towels which we ran out of.
We were told to be ready to go between 7:30-8:00 am. We were ready at 7:30 ended up waiting till 8:00 because they were not ready. Staff was young and not very informative and dis organized.
On way home got a call saying we still owed over $1,100 when we had all paid except for one and that was at the fault of the receptionist for not collecting for one person when they were told about her at check in.

All in all maybe two stars is to high of a ranking. Been the multiple times with previous owners and we're very Happy. Will not go back to be outfitted by the wigwam I feel we did not get what we paid for.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed August 19, 2019

We spent a long weekend at this resort and couldn't be happier! Arrived on Friday afternoon, within minutes my older son caught a northern right off the dock. Spent the evening settling in, then went on a launch all day Saturday. Our captain was amazing - we caught so many walleyes that we had to throw some back! Our captain cleaned all of the fish and packaged them for us to take home. I caught my first walleye without having to touch the bait or the fish - which is perfect for me!

The area is gorgeous, views were breathtaking. The owners - Mark and Tina - were very concerned with our comfort and checked on us numerous times during our stay.

The rooms are comfortable and functional - nothing fancy but we did have the jaccuzi tub so we all took advantage of it!! We didn't spend much time in the rooms anyway.

A few recommendations for first-time visitors (or first time going on a launch): bring snacks/drinks for the launch. Also, purchase sunscreen and bug spray before you arrive. Make sure your phone is 100% charged as you will want to take a lot of pictures! This resort is located at the end of a dead end road, so there's no traffic and the bay is gorgeous!

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed July 24, 2019

Mark and Tina are the perfect hosts for the wonderful fishing outing that my family had this past week. We had 2 days of great fishing thanks to Jason, our very competent guide, and Mark who also guided and communicated spots and suggestions with Jason. Tina and her staff went above and beyond to make sure our 3 day stay was memorable. The breakfast and dinners were super. Mark & Tina has made many upgrades in the 18 months that they have owned the resort and I would recommend this place to my friends.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed July 24, 2019

Staff was very accommodating we stayed three nights and Fished two days. Breakfast was excellent. Rooms were small but clean. Great experience for us. I would definitely recommend it it creates a very pleasant fishing experience we filled out our walleye limit both days guides were great bartenders were Friendly.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Just left wigwam resort after a 2 night stay. We had no water for a day and a half. No bathroom use, no kitchen use, no shower! The pathetic owner actually blamed Wheelers Point Resort for a water main breaking! He then gave use a measly 10% for the troubles we endured and simply said "it isn't my fault". This is after their rediculous access road fees. Also, wigwam resort purposely flooded out wheelers point access road. Don't go to wigwam resort. Wheelers Point is the place to be!

Date of stay: February 2019