“Some foods really good, like pizza, some average.”
Review of The Farmhouse

The Farmhouse
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Zeeland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Welcome to The Farmhouse (Est. 2013) where natural hospitality surrounds you in a relaxed atmosphere with quality food dishes and friendly service. We are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner where guests enjoy traditional home-style favorites as well as new dishes that introduce bolder and trendier flavors. Our restaurant has three dining areas and larger groups can reserve a semi-private dining area to accommodate family, church, social, or business gatherings. As Zeeland residents ourselves we have built an eatery where we hope neighbors will dine locally and where neighbors from surrounding towns will make a destination.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have eaten at The Farmhouse about four times since it changed from Jay's Again. The first two times was excellent. I had the pizza and absolutely loved it. The next time I had breakfast which was ok, but nothing special and last time I had the French dip which I wasn't impressed with at all. The meat was really dried out and small portion of it. Nothing special about the bread and dip was extremely salty. I found no problems anytime with the service and the actual restaurant is nicer and brighter than Jay's Again.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

A coworker and I met at The Farmhouse for an interview-breakfast. The interview went very well, but the experience at The Farmhouse was just average. The service was quite slow and the food/atmosphere were good, so it averages out to average. I am not going to rush back, unless I know I have plenty of time available.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We arrived about 7:30 PM on a Saturday. We waited just a few short minutes before being seated. As we were seated, we witnessed several uncleared tables and a few patrons looking for their server. We had many minutes to review the menu. When the server finally arrived we asked for a child's menu for my youngest. Although we waited a bit longer than we liked, our server had a very pleasant tone and smile.

The Fish Basket I ordered was a bit greasier than I like. The fish was hot and the fries had been sitting around before they were served to us. My youngest had plenty of fries and only two small pieces of chicken for her kid's meal. The others in our group ordered the Kickin' Patty Melt and the Southwestrn Wrap, both were enjoyed.

I've heard from others and have also experienced decently priced food with slow service. If it weren't for the polite server, I would have rated the service 2 rather than 3. Would I return, yes, but only if I had plenty of time. Not a place to visit if you're in any sort of a hurry.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

If you want to sit in a restaurant and not get served, sit in the back room. Nobody pays attention to you and waitress never goes back there. Food is ok but not for the price

1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Another local favorite that is mainly a hit with older diners. The food selections provide many choices for all. The restaurant was formerly owned by Jay's Restaurant which was recently sold to new owners. The entire restaurant has been tastefully remodeled.