“Live Nativity & Petting Rumple = Great Visit”
Review of Critter Barn

Critter Barn
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Zeeland
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a WONDERFUL place to take your family. We went during their "Live Nativity" program and were really overwhelmed at the kindness of all the staff. They also went above and beyond to introduce us or tell us about animals around the barn. The smell was a little overwhelming at times -- but it is a barn -- so it would be what you expected.

There are lots of hands-on activities for children. You can hold rabbits and baby chicks and pet a host of other farm animals. In previous visits, we have watched them shear sheep and other "farm" things that most kids today are not exposed to. My son was most excited to pet "Rumple" the star of the movie filmed at the Critter Barn, "The Christmas Bunny."

We live out of state (in Georgia) and always request to make a visit no matter what time of year.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My daughter (4 years old at the time) and I visited the Critter Barn along with her preschool class. It really was a great experience for her. There is a nice variety of farm animals and the teachers really did a nice job educating the kids. Being that I grew up on a dairy farm, and now I am a suburban dweller, I appreciate getting my kids some good, old farm education.

1  Thank SteenerStreet
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Wonderful place for kids to get a "hands on'" experience with the farm animals. The Critter Barn is well run by both professionals and student volunteers. It teaches kids of all ages about farm life and crops in a nice, safe setting. Visit their website for information and pictures. Our grand kids ages 5-13 love visiting the Critter Barn when they come to visit. I highly recommend this fun, educational experience!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My city kids love our annual Trip to the farm with grandma and their cousins. The hands on interaction with the farm animals attracts us year after year. This years surprise was free admission! The kids took turns milking a goat too. All of the volunteers and staff are friendly, helpful, and knowledgable. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My two grandchildren (9 and 6 years old) loved out trip to the Critter barn. We watched a great demonstration of a trained pig doing tricks. Our grandchildren handled some baby chicks. Just a fun place for the whole family.