“Sunday, Football weekend and the place is packed!”
Review of Bomber Restaurant

Bomber Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 168 Restaurants in Ypsilanti
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bacon! Eggs! Coffee! Aviation-themed breakfast and lunch diner located at 306 East Michigan Avenue in Ypsilanti, Michigan where "Rosie The Riveter" and Willow Run Bomber plant history is part of our culture. Classic American diner. Pick up orders available.
Plymouth, NH
“Sunday, Football weekend and the place is packed!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a local place and has been around since the 40's. The Ford shops where Rosie the Riveter worked are just around the corner. The place is decorated with WWII Memorabilia. There are model planes hanging from the ceiling and soldiers uniforms decorating the walls. Find photos from the era along with historic newspaper headlines adorning the walls. The staff never stand still at the bomber. The place is a favorite of locals, which is the kind of place I seek out and once find, become a local myself. It is nearby a condo I own on Ford Lake. They have specials every day for breakfast and lunch, but it's the standard fare I adore. I order the Country Skillet HALF ORDER as I could never eat a whole one. It is layered egg/ground pork/crispy potatoes covered with a bit of cheese and country gravy. Can you say "Need to run today!"? They sell Bomber T's to benefit the nearby "Yankee Air Museum" at Willow Run Airport. In a very busy commercial area, but don't drive by. Stop and you will be glad you did.

• Visited March 2013

ypsilanti michigan
“My stepdads Dad picture is on the wall. He was pilot..”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I been coming here since I was a kid... Huge greasy portions once again not for those on a diet.
Oddly they our not open for dinner never could figure out why?
I have not been for a while....
I like the breakfasts better than. the lunch...

• Visited February 2012
ypsilanti
“Weekly visit”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been going to the Bomber at least once a week for years. The food is always great. Almost everything on the menu has a choice of half order or full order. If you order the full order make sure you are hungry. For breakfast I will usually pick an omelet or one of the skillets. My wife prefers the Nature Lovers pancakes the half order. For lunch the hot roast beef sandwich is my choice and my wife likes the BLT on Rye. The staff know you after just a few visits. For out-of-towners be advised it opens early, is always busy, and closes at 3 PM every day. You can get breakfast or lunch anytime they are open. Prices are very reasonable for the amount of food you get. Enjoy

• Visited December 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“So much food....”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

There was a small wait because we were a party of eight but it was well worth it. We had breakfast and my son tried their signature Cap'n Crunch French Toast which he devoured at an amazing rate. Our waitress was so sweet in handling us with our six offspring and the food was just phenomenal and there was so much of it. Totally on the list to visit again!

Visited March 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

The food at the bomber is priced right and the flavor of the pancakes and french toast was excellent.

Visited January 2012