“Fabulous stay at Parish House Inn!”
Review of Parish House Inn

Parish House Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Ypsilanti B&B and Inns
Detroit, Michigan
“Fabulous stay at Parish House Inn!”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

My best friend and I needed a quiet, relaxing weekend. We returned to Parish House for a PEFECT stay. Chris is the warmest welcoming committee around! Although I am familiar with the area, her enthusiastic encouragment inspired me to check out something new and I was not disappointed in the least. She also has the best aromas and tastes in her kitchen. Her breakfasts are wonderfully flavored and perfectly planned. Our room was dreamy! It was super clean, cozy, bed was fluffy, and the view of the Huron River was calming--just what we needed. It was a beautiful retreat to the days of a slower pace of life and we couldn't have enjoyed it more!

Room Tip: Call Chris with any questions--she returns calls!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank eripooh72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 13, 2010

The Inn is wonderful! Chris takes care of you without "taking care of you." We had a lovely room and the garden over the river was a perfect spot for us to just relax and read. Can't wait to go back next summer.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thommy2shoes
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 12, 2010

The host Chris ( Kris? sorry maam ;) ) was stellar. the food was par excellent, her culinary skills are top notch. the rooms are period late 1800 flavor. the river view made it perfect. The house it self was on the Huron River and our host had the house decorated for Christmas in the old flavor of late 18th century feel. the smells of breakfast waffled up through the room and was a welcome 'good morning'. I wanted to give my fiancee from England something comparable to the wonderful B & B I stayed at in England and this was it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank khenning1
Kingston, Michigan
Reviewed December 6, 2010

The room was beautiful decorated, comfortable and spotlessly clean, as was the rest of the house. The Hostess took care of our every want and need. We awoke to the smell of breakfast drawing us down to the dinning room. Everything tasted wonderful and was beautifully presented. It was a pleasure from the moment we arrived until the time we had to leave.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank thebreadlady
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 28, 2010

This is a perfect place for a family getaway, or to celebrate a special time. I have stayed here on several occasions with family, and was always greeted like a returning friend. The house is always decorated to the hilt, if you go around a holiday. The food is to die for, so you will never go away hungry. Chris is always full of ideas of things to do, which can be very helpful. I have spent some of my best vacations there, and can easily recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank babs043
Scarborough, Maine
Reviewed November 27, 2010

My room was great. It was clean, comfortable, and pretty. The service was amazing from the delicious breakfast to the bottomless cookie jar stocked with some of the best cookies I've had in a very long time. The host was very friendly and treated me like family. There were many great places within walking distance. It was definitely a place where I'd love to stay again and would recommend to all of my friends who are planning to stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank marou239
Scarborough, Maine USA
Reviewed November 27, 2010

My children and I always stay at the Parish House Inn when in town visiting. We are always warmly welcomed by the innkeepers who treat us just like family. We have stayed in almost every room in the house and have found all to be very comfortable and the breakfasts are unbelievably great. The inn is located in an area full of great shops and restaurants within easy walking distance. My family and I love staying there and look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
#30 of 34 in Ann Arbor
The Kensington Hotel
The Kensington Hotel
#8 of 34 in Ann Arbor

Been to Parish House Inn? Share your experiences!