“Nice cafe for tasty lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Harvest Moon Cafe

Harvest Moon Cafe
Ranked #15 of 167 Restaurants in Ypsilanti
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Nice cafe for tasty lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Cozy cafe with a Harvest theme Hostess seated us promptly. Our waitress was Juanita who was humorous and very attentive.Ordered the Harvest Chicken salad which was grilled chicken and it was large, fresh and delicious. Husband and son had the Gyros which were on pitas with red onion and tomatoes; very good. Reasonable prices and tasty food. JWatching out 4 u!

• Visited August 2013

Sylvania, Ohio
“homestyle food...much to choose from”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

great food at good prices. The salads are large and fresh. always a couple great specials.pasta is great but so are burgers and sandwiches. They also offer a couple fresh low calorie options

• Visited May 2013
Sanford, Michigan
“good foid, good service, good prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We went to Harvest Moon for breakfast. The restaurant was busy on Sunday morning, and for a good reason. Service is fast and friendly, food portions plentiful, and tasted delicious. The homemade biscuits were excellenr, as was the western omelette.

Milan, Michigan
“Basic comfort food at decent prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I suggested Harvest Moon tonight because it was on our way home and we'd never had dinner there, only breakfast (which I would give a 3.5-4 rating). They have a good menu of homey comfort classics at prices that are decent for the amount of food you get. My boyfriend had the "Meatloaf of the Gods" and raved about it. I tasted it and thought, OK, but not like home, and certainly not "of the gods". I had the Beef Stroganoff. I was hoping for a rich sour cream sauce but it was more like gravy. The strips of beef were inconsistent, too, and a bit chewy for my taste. But, overall, it was "ok". I don't expect Top Chef in restaurants of this genre. I got a pretty good meal, as expected. We both started with the chicken noodle soup and I recommend that... it was great and we could have eaten more! Our service was also excellent, pleasant and prompt.

So what is making this "meh"? We were seated at the kitchen door so I could view our soup getting dished out into the bowls and then microwaved. I thought that was really odd because I would have thought the soup in the pot would already be piping hot. It was a really cold night and cold in the building so perhaps this was a way of making sure the cold bowl didn't suck the heat out of the soup. And maybe I watch the Food Network too much, but can't highly rate "home-style cooking" that doesn't taste as "scratch" as I'd hoped. The gravy on the mashed potatoes and meatloaf was super dark and salty. The stroganoff had little to no sour creaminess. Even the best restaurants get supplies from food service companies, but when I want home-like comfort food, I don't want it to taste so processed. A good gravy that tastes like meat rather than salt can make a big difference.

We'll be back again for breakfast and maybe dinner, too. I'll probably try some different options next time and see how it goes!

• Visited January 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good Homestyle”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

A great "go to" place. Have always had good food and service. The menu allows for your choice of Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner thought the day.

Visited December 2012