“Great place for breakfast.”

Luca's Coney Island
Ranked #46 of 191 Restaurants in Ypsilanti
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 18, 2015

Two large breakfasts and two drinks were only $14.50, including tax! Fast, friendly service, immaculate restrooms.

Reviewed March 19, 2015 via mobile

Great place for a good hardy breakfast. Service is always pleasant and fast. Food always come out right.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

My friends and I went there for breakfast and enjoyed our meals, the service and the prices. My over easy eggs were done perfectly, though the bacon was a little too crisp to have much flavor. My friends ordered eggs and pancakes and, while none of us raved about the food, we all agreed that it's nice, very inexpensive place for breakfast, made even nicer by the excellent service our waitperson provided.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is a very good Coney Island spot just outside of downtown Ypsilanti. On the day we stopped in, we were looking for a spot for breakfast before visiting Eastern Michigan University. The location just east of downtown on US12 was easy to find. The exterior was not anything great but that did not deter us. We went in between 10 and 10:30 and it was moderately busy. It seemed like a popular local spot. The interior was nothing fancy but we didn't expect anything chic. We seated ourselves and were waited on quickly. Our server was quite good during our entire visit. I ordered the Spinach Omelet with mushrooms and onions. I opted to skip the feta cheese. They also offered the option to prepare it with egg whites for a small extra charge which was much appreciated. I also selected for the sliced tomatoes in place of hash browns in order to keep my meal lighter. It was also accompanied by toast. The omelet was terrific as it was generously stuffed with spinach. My daughter decided to go for lunch fare as she ordered the tuna melt accompanied by a huge plate of fries. She was quite happy with her choice. The prices were pretty good as our two entrees with coffee and a soda came to less than $20 before tip. Overall, this place, while not elegant, offered sizeable portions of good food at decent prices. While Coney Islands aren't known to feature particularly healthy food, my experience here suggested that it was not hard to identify a relatively healthy yet tasty option.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Decent food, decent prices, always consistently a good spot for lunch. The burgers are good, the omelettes are good and they have a wide variety of sandwiches and salads. Not bad when you need a quick spot for lunch!