“They charged for a cup of tap water!”
Review of Roy's Squeeze Inn

Roy's Squeeze Inn
Ranked #75 of 177 Restaurants in Ypsilanti
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The burgers were tasty and freshly made. HOWEVER: Poor service. We were never asked if we needed a refill on drinks. We were the only diners in the place, and there is no place for the waitress to hide she seemed to want little to do with customers. To say that the place could use some sprucing up is an understatement. I did not feel that it was right to charge my husband for a cup of tap water. Considering that the prices are not cheap, this left me with a bad taste. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Sometimes a person just wants a good burger. There are none better than at Roy's Squeeze Inn. It's a tiny little place--no tables--just a counter like the old days--but the burgers are the very best I've ever had. They're juicy and very flavorful, soft steamy bun--yum! Better order two right off the bat, because you're going to be wanting another anyway. (You may even order a couple more to take along!!) Try it--you'll like (love) it!!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Same great amazingly tasty greasy burgers, but in a wonderful sitdown location. You don't go to Roy's looking for health food. But if you are in the mood for an amazingly tasty burger at a reasonable price, this is the place to go. The Big Squeeze with Cheese makes my mouth water just typing it out. The portion sizes are good, so you shouldn't leave hungry. The curly fries put Arby's to shame and the sweet potato fries were quite tasty as well. While the cheesesteak hoagie wasn't quite as amazing as Gabriel's (another Ypsilanti restaurant landmark), it wasn't very far behind. Really quite tasty. They also make a fresh pot every time I've ordered coffee, so nice and fresh. Friendly waitstaff and a comfortable sportsbar type setting (couple big tvs on the walls).

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Roy's has always had good BBQ. My husband likes the burger too. The slaw is the best. There is one in Ypsilanti and Milan.

1  Thank shooiec
Reviewed October 5, 2011

There are 2 Roys now, the original, in a dubious location on E. Michigan ave. is a one of a kind and you really need to visit at least once. It is a classic hamburger stand . I personnally am addicted to the pulled pork sandwiches, served with coleslaw on top. I HAVE NEVER HAD A BETTER SANDWiCH, and I'm 58 - so go figure. But thier hamburgers are considered by some to be the stuff of legend also.
The second location is a newer and nicer sit down restaurant with an alcohol liscense. And yes, I've checked, the pulled pork sandwiches are just as heavenly there too!

1  Thank chino53