“Wow - who knew”
Review of Blue Wolf Grill - CLOSED

Blue Wolf Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Lots of tasty options with this menu and staff more than willing to get you what you want (accommodate food allergies). Loves the pulled pork sandwich, grilled veggies and chocolate apple cake. Finally a restaurant with an inspired menu. Lots of locally sourced ingredients.

Restaurant decor is mis-leading and pales in comparrison to the food.

1  Thank srgcogitate

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was my first trip and I thought it was very good. I had the spinach salad with salmon which was very tasty. Service was a little slow but not bad. They served a whole grain roll with the salad that went very well with it. Would be willing to go back the next time I was in town. Several folks around me ordered sandwiches and they also looked good.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have been to blue wold twice now. The soups are good and seem fresh and homemade and salad dressings are homemade also. The foccica bread is amazing and homemaid. The dinners are large and well above what you would expect in an old taco bell. We will be returning for sure...only complaint is how small the place is. Sound can get really loud because there are no buffers on the walls and there are only 8 tables so finding a seat could prove to be a challenge. They have carry out also.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Blue Wolf Grill is located on the (dull/boring) Washtenaw strip, between Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti. The outside of the building (a former Taco Bell, then, for years, an informal Middle Eastern place) belies the quality you'll find inside. As others have noted, this place is small. My group of 10 arrived, without warning, on a Wednesday evening. We were greeted graciously, had prompt service and a wonderful meal. The menu has a great selection; we ordered many different entrees, and everyone was pleased with their choices (the fries are great!). I'm looking forward to a trip back and the chance to sample other menu items!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was looking for a new little place to eat on Monther's Day after the cinema. Saw this place reviewed by a few folks and thought we'd give it a try assuming it may not be too overly crowded.
This place has only 6 tables and luckily we got the last one when we arrived. Folks had to wait who arrived just after us. They have a few chairs lined up for those waiting.
We got a waitress who was brand new and very obviously didn't have any experience waiting tables. It was obvious watching her run around to the other couple of table. Then we saw the owner possibly taking over the other three tables. So be warned to be patient if she is still working things out. She did comp us dessert as she totally forgot our soup. But service will improve I am sure.
The FOOD -
Lemon Chicken soup was very good. Served hot and we liked the blend of flavors and abundance of chicken.
Casian Ribeye - got average marks from my husband. It was cooked medium rare as requested so they get high marks for that. Just wasn't anything extraordinary about it. It was served with collard green which were quite good.
Lobster Ravioli - the sauce was very tasty and the ravioli itself average. Overall a decent dish.
Bread Pudding - very very good. Sauce was very flavorful and the pudding was baked just right to be moist.
Peanutbutter cheesecake - this was average at best. I really didn't care for it and my son was not impressed. My husband didn't think it was all that bad. So matter of taste I guess.
Others around the dining rooms were heard to enjoy their selections - so they have some specialties that maybe we missed. The ribs seemed to be a big hit at one table.
The value here is quite good. We may give it another try and select different entrees.
Worth a visit for your own taste.

1  Thank GoHere