“Don't miss out.....”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: 734-485-6720
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Don't miss out on a culinary treat. The brats and burgers all have a unique twist and are an absolute treat to your taste buds. I crave the southern burger on a weekly basis, along with the jambalaya!!!! You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Allie A
There are newer reviews for The Wurst Bar

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place is one of my favorites in Ypsi. I don't get there nearly as much as I would like, but when I do, I get the Lamb & Bison Wurst on a pretzel bun and the sweet tots. Those sweet tots are THE BEST. Nacho tots are good too. My husband always gets the Rattlesnake/Chorizo, which is good too. The rotating tap of Michigan beers always has at least 1 great beer that I've never heard of before. Defnitely, definitely check this place out.

2  Thank Allie P
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I highly recommend this place if you are looking for something out of the ordinary. Part of their menu focuses on home made Wursts, and they have such unusual wurst such as Rabbit & Fig or Rattlesnake & Chorizo with sides such as Kimchi-kraut, as other reviewers have mentioned.

I would say that they serve one of the most unusual fairs in the Metro Detroit area. As if their menus weren't unique enough, on the last Monday of the month they have unique world fairs. For example tonight they offered a 5 course Brazilian menu (accompanied by a light Brazilian music instrumental band). I have eaten all over the world and I've even eaten at the WB-50 molecular gastronomy icon in New York, and was still impressed by the Wurst Bar.

The atmosphere is so so, I would categorize the place as a gastro-pub, with hints of goth mixed in, based on the art on the wall and the tattoos and piercings the staff was sporting. It's somewhat in the student area of Ypsilanti, and 20-40 year olds are probably the targeted demographic. Parking is a little hard to find, it is on a one way street and there are one way streets all around. There's some metered parking not too far from here, and also there is a large parking lot just east and south (off Collage), about 1 block away, where you can pay with cash or credit.

1  Thank Frank0075
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I tried the Wurst bar for the first time and I'll definitely be back. What was once Theo's bar on cross street has been remodeled to a nicely decorated bar/ restaurant. It's always good to see a new place open up and you can tell the owners have put a lot of effort in. I came here with some friends and family for dinner and I was very happy with their wide selection of Michigan beers on tap. The waiter was very knowledgeable regarding their food and beer menu. Service was friendly and fast. The Wurst Bar offers a wide range of unique sausages and burgers on the menu. All sausages are home made and best of all you can get tater tots as a side. Everyone was pleased with what they ordered and we'll be back. Can't wait to try one of their hamburgers.

1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've been here twice. On my first visit, I had the spicy rattlesnake chorizo wurst with caramelized onions on top. It was tasty and the brioche was excellent. I also enjoyed the side of mixed tots (sweet and regular) with marshmallow dipping sauce. Last weekend, I came here again with my girlfriend and two friends who were visiting. The scotch eggs and curry wurst corn dogs that we ordered to share were delicious. This time, I got the rabbit, fig and viognier wurst which I liked even better than the spicy rattlesnake chorizo wurst that I ordered last time. My girlfriend seemed to enjoy her vegetarian apple and pecan wurst too. The next time I swing by this place, I'd go for the alligator and crawfish boudin wurst!