“Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Museum deserves a mention on its own”
Review of Depot Town

Depot Town
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Ypsilanti
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Located on the southeast corner of East Cross Street and River Street, at the east end of Ypsilanti, Michigan's Depot Town district, the museum is located in one of the last Hudson car dealers, and is an interesting site on its own. The Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Museum tells the story of the companies that once were part of the automotive lore of the area: Apex Motors, Hudson, Hydromatic Transmissions, Kaiser Frazer, Tucker and the famous (infamous) Chevrolet Corvair. The more than 30 authentic cars that represent these companies are only part of the exhibits as every corner and scrap of wall surface is filled with artwork, displays, memorabilia and photographs. One of the "movie" Tuckers is also on display, as the only examples of this historic marque, are extremely rare and found only in museums and other private collections. A small room devoted to the Willow Run factory as well as a gift shop are also found at the museum. An interesting and unique museum, not to be missed if you are interested in automotive history.

2  Thank Bill Z
"shop"
"antiques"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Depot Town could be a fun destination, but more needs to be brought into it to make it a worthwhile stopping place on any visit to this part of southeast Michigan. Some more restaurants, bars and cool vintage shops would all go down a storm.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I found a great old school car shop there that had cars from the 80's, A bar i could live in lol. Depot Town has plenty to do plus a park near the water where you can sit back and relax

Reviewed December 28, 2012

not what it used to be...very small with a few eclectic shops...best to go for the restaurants which are plenty...

See more reviews
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I lived down the street from there and I seen many great changes and some really great stores go up and some well less than, great stores leave...
I still talk ot some of those merchant's I use to know... I miss flower shop I use ot get my flowrers from :) I really miss the old Aubree's were, I had my first date with, my husband Just on the same anymore.....!

They have, an awesome Car show in the Summer ! They use ot have, Awesome light show Sadly no more :(
Of course how can we forget the Hertiage festival !

Be careful when, you go to down the Huron river even if the summer when it is shallow it can be dangerous! A person died!

It is a very nice Dog park and it has, Beautful floweirng tree's and geese our fun to feed and Nice track .

We our famous fr our history here people from the Former state Normal college use ot practice thier civival war drill's here very historic!
You even catch a flying frog sighting Yes flying wigged froggs.

1  Thank gardenspook

Been to Depot Town? Share your experiences!