“Quiet and Nice Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ypsilanti
San Jose, California
“Quiet and Nice Hotel”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

We spend most of our day time in Ann Arbor but we stayed in this hotel in Ypsilanti at night. This hotel is quiet and there is a golf course next to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lokeyh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Manassas, VA
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel for a business trip. My company paid for the entire stay.

Location

It is very easy to get to from the airport, about 15-20 minutes each way, even during rush hour. There is a Whole Foods about 7 miles from the hotel, but the hotel rooms do not have refrigerators, so I made do using ice in the sink to keep things cold. There is a Simon mall about 15 minutes away with some restaurants, plus all the major chains are within a short drive.

Rooms

I had a king room on the 6th floor. The room was a nice size, the desk was comfortable to work at. The bathroom was large, lots of room around the sink for makeup bags, etc. The hotel was very busy yet this was probably the quietest hotel I've staying in in years. I found the bed to be very comfortable and I was able to regulate the room temperature easily. The hvac was not noisy, but I do sleep with a white noise machine so that does help.

Check In

Check-in was easy, no lines, plenty of staff on hand. I did not get my standard Marriott requested items that are on file for me, though. I didn't ask for them because I was in a hurry and later on I didn't feel like changing rooms so I didn't pursue it.

Hotel Staff

The hotel staff is extremely friendly and not in the fake nice way but I was very warmly greeted everywhere I went in the hotel. I was disappointed with housekeeping though. I didn't get my garbage cans emptied 2 of the 3 days. I had to dump them in the hallway can by the icemaker. They only gave me 2 tiny garbage cans in the room.

Parking

The parking lot is large, so if the hotel is busy, you may have to park pretty far away from the front door. I felt the parking lot was not very bright and was not comfortable walking through the parking lot at night. It snowed the entire time I was there and they did a good job of keeping the walkway cleared. The parking is not covered, so we had to clean off the car every time we went out.

Restaurants/Bar/Room Service

The food was not good at this hotel. I ordered breakfast through room service one morning and they missed some of my order and had to come back. The coming back part took a while. The breakfast buffet was better but not really worth the cost. They do have a menu to order if you prefer that over the buffet but I bought some stuff from Whole Foods for breakfast the third day.

Pool/Fitness Center

The pool area is very nice and clean. I used the pool to workout one night and also used the hot tub and the sauna. Towels and water are provided in the pool area. It says it closes at 11 pm but it is really open 24 hours. I think they say it closes in case people are roudy and they want to throw them out.

The fitness center has a nice selection of elipticals, treadmills, bikes and free weights. Towels, water, wipes to clean the equipment and apples are provided in the fitness room. Most of the machines have tvs attached to them so you can watch tv and listen through your headphones whatever you want. The fitness center is open all night long.

GPS/Cell Phone/Internet

My gps worked fine getting around the entire area. Cell phone service was perfect everywhere in the hotel. The hotel is wireless throughout the entire place and it is free. I had no problems using my laptop in the room or the restaurant/lobby/bar area.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again and recommend it to my co-workers for future travel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank VaBelle35
Canton,Ohio
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I have stayed multiple times at the Eagle Crest in the past several years and quite frankly the place could be a heck of alot worst since its the only show in town. Trust me I know, I've stayed in some real dumps!! This place is clean, spacious, and the staff seems to care about what its doing. There is ample parking, a golf course and the ability to handle weddings and business events....I have seen both while attending in the past. It is close to the highway without the noise and there are restaurants near by. I won't hesitate to continue to use this establishment in the many returns I have to Ypsilanti.

The only drawback that I encountered was the room service food was not particularly good. So in the future I'll go out.

Otherwise keep up the good work Eagles Crest and I'll be seeing you soon.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We just returned from a two night stay at the Marriott Eagle Crest. My son is looking at attending Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti and this was the perfect place to stay. We had a room on the 5th floor overlooking the golf course and lakes. It was a little foggy, but the fall colors were impressive. The room was a good size and the beds were comfortable. We ordered room service one night and it was a very short wait and the chicken quesadilla was very good. The staff was very attentive and friendly.
We tried to eat at a recommended restaurant down the road, however didn't realize smoking is allowed in restaurants in Michigan-what a bummer.
Only complaint: They advertise free wireless in the lobby, but it was so slow I never was able to get it to work on my laptop.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this property and will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
California
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Each year my mother, sister and I take a trip to a new place in Michigan for our annual family vacation. We chose Eagle Crest Marriott and were totally pleased! We asked for an upper level room with a view of the golf course. Our request was granted. The hotel is superbly clean! The rooms were above average and the staff were kind and courteous. I would STRONGLY suggest staying at Eagle Crest.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Iowa
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Is anyone else experiencing or noticing the decline in the quality of this chain this as well? I used to associate Marriott with a reliable clean room, but not anymore. We saw dried blood stains on the shower curtains!! I complained and nobody apologized. They credited back my points after I demanded it to be put back in my account. This one has a gorgeous landscaping and hosts a lot of wedding, but YIKES... they offered a complimentary breakfast and I said, yea right, like I am going to eat at your restaurant! My sister *almost* had her wedding there. And 2 days later, I stayed at a Fairfield Inn in Jefferson City, MO- and found huge dark spot on the carpet outside the bathroom. I didn't even check, and demanded to be moved. This is very frustrating.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank h2babe
Detroit
Reviewed August 2, 2009

After looking high and low for a GREAT hotel to have our wedding at my husband and me, with a lot of help from my Mom found this place. Walking into the lobby I was hooked and loved it. Every detail was taken care of and when something went not as planned it was fixed right away. The hotel itself was very clean and the beds were so comfortable. I would suggest this hotel to anyone who is looking to have a great outdoor wedding as well as just a great place to stay for the night.

• Stayed June 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
#10 of 34 in Ann Arbor
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#30 of 34 in Ann Arbor

Been to Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest? Share your experiences!