“The best place to have a wedding”

Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ypsilanti
Detroit
“The best place to have a wedding”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

After looking high and low for a GREAT hotel to have our wedding at my husband and me, with a lot of help from my Mom found this place. Walking into the lobby I was hooked and loved it. Every detail was taken care of and when something went not as planned it was fixed right away. The hotel itself was very clean and the beds were so comfortable. I would suggest this hotel to anyone who is looking to have a great outdoor wedding as well as just a great place to stay for the night.

• Stayed June 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Temple Terrace, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for four nights and everything was first rate. We were on the concierge floor and had a beautiful view over the golf course. The room was large and clean; the bed was comfortable and outfitted with enough pillows for ten! The staff was very well trained and we were greeted by every staff member we passed. The breakfast and other amenities in the concierge lounge were very much appreciated.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Denver
Reviewed March 13, 2009

I came here to look at all the other bad reviews for this hotel, assuming I'd find all sorts of horror stories. I can't believe all these positive reviews? Were they staying at the same hotel? This place is horrible.

I travel weekly for my job. I'm no hotel snob. Clean and quiet is all I desire. The Marriott Ypsilanti meets neither of those.

Requested King bed, high floor, away from elevator. Got double beds, middle floor, near elevator. Received no benefits from being Gold status with Marriott.

Hotel lobby is nice, and seems newly renovated, but that's the only thing this hotel has going for it.

Room was AWFUL. Dirty carpets everywhere. Wall paper was peeling throughout the room. TV was old and crummy, just sitting on top of an outdated desk. Bathroom was small, and horribly dirty. Mold/mildew throughout, grout/caulking completely dirty and dilapidated. No bath mat anywhere in the room, so I just used a regular towel...which leads me to another horror for those who have any need for cleanliness. EVERY towel had some sort of yellow stains on it. Sheets also were old, frayed, and had at least one stain (I stopped looking, knowing I'd never be able to sleep if I investigated any further).

In addition, the walls are super thin. On night one of my stay, I was awakened by the incredibly loud heater that kicked on. Not a huge deal, except i never fell back asleep because all I could here was the guy in the room next to me snoring. Literally thought he might have snuck in to the extra bed in my room. It was disturbing to say the least.

On my checkout day, they slid somebody else's bill under the door. Which means, some other person got to read up on all the details of MY bill. I'm sure they weren't happy to see they had paid nearly twice as much as the rate I got.

So, in all honesty, you HAVE to stay somewhere else. This place is horrible in all sense of the word. I would never go back, ever.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank CDiddyDenver
michigan
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Stayed here 3/09 and 3/10. I did get a gov't rate room but even if I had paid the regular rate it would still be a very good value. Lovely rooms with nice amenities - all the typical expected amenities at a resort property. Excellent friendly, helpful staff. Every single employee uttered a greeting when passed and one even offered helpful suggestions regarding a coffee cafe when the on-location Starbucks only had the basics and she overhead a comment about the lack of fancy coffee choice. Lovely common areas with nice decorating and ample comfortable seating. Very comfortable beds/pillows and nice shower with plenty of towels and nice Bath and Body Works toiletries. They also offer nice complimentary business services such as 20 copies and also faxes, plus some additional that I can't recollect right now.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed January 27, 2009

Stayed two nights at this suburban hotel. Rooms were big & beds very comfortable. Staff added free wireless upon request. Only problem was a noisy weekend party in our hallway. Many students from Eastern Michigan intern there & are very helpful.

• Liked — Large rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IrishFan-80
n.y.c.
Reviewed January 11, 2009

I have never been disappointed when staying at a Marriott hotel and this one is one of their best.The service was outstanding.My accomodations were beautiful and the view from my room was lovely.
The staff could not have done a better job.they made my stay very pleasant.
I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Liked — friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — parking lot
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Indiana
Reviewed December 22, 2008

We stayed at this hotel over the Thanksgiving weekend. It was a very nice hotel. The pool was a little small, but it WAS indoors. They have a sauna and a whirlpool. Their front desk was very helpful and very personable. The room was clean and well kept. It is a fairly new hotel, so we expected this. Their foyer was huge.....lots of tables and chairs and couches to lounge in. I would stay there again, if we couldn't find something cheaper close by. FYI: keep a close look out for the entrance. It only says "Marriott" when you are coming one direction (we missed it the first time). :-)

• Liked — The new and nice rooms.
  • Disliked — It is kind of hard to find.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
The Kensington Hotel
The Kensington Hotel
#8 of 34 in Ann Arbor
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor

Been to Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest? Share your experiences!