“An outstanding hotel at a fair price!”

Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ypsilanti
Indiana
“An outstanding hotel at a fair price!”
Reviewed December 22, 2008

We stayed at this hotel over the Thanksgiving weekend. It was a very nice hotel. The pool was a little small, but it WAS indoors. They have a sauna and a whirlpool. Their front desk was very helpful and very personable. The room was clean and well kept. It is a fairly new hotel, so we expected this. Their foyer was huge.....lots of tables and chairs and couches to lounge in. I would stay there again, if we couldn't find something cheaper close by. FYI: keep a close look out for the entrance. It only says "Marriott" when you are coming one direction (we missed it the first time). :-)

• Liked — The new and nice rooms.
  • Disliked — It is kind of hard to find.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed October 7, 2008

I consider myself a hotel snob. I've was a hotel Director of Sales in the past and I travel often in my current job.

In addition to cleanliness I rate service as a priority when I choose a hotel. This hotel is super clean and most of the staff is outstanding (ran into one front desk associate that could have smiled and been a bit more pleasant). Front desk associate Daniel and bartender Joe are standouts. Daniel upgraded my room when he found out I had a bad flight and Joe made up a sandwich for me long after the bar was closed. All hotels need more Daniels and Joes working for them.

I'll stay again when I'm back in town.

• Liked — Nicely appointed.
  • Disliked — The View closes too early. I'd like healthier snacks at the hotel store.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank mazeNblue
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I booked 2 rooms at this hotel in August. I received confirmation via email 2 days before my stay. When I got there the hotel said that they had overbooked and had no rooms available for us. They said they had booked us at a hotel "down the road" which was 8 miles away, in the opposite direction of where we needed to go! When we got to the other hotel they said they had received overflow from the Marriott just 2 weeks before as well. Apparently, this hotel makes a habit of bumping people to other hotels. Don't trust them with your reservation!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnnArb0rtraveler
Pittsburgh
Reviewed October 1, 2008

As indicated by other reviewers, this is a beautiful hotel in a quiet location (yet convenient to the interstate and the Detroit area). However, we had some issues here, including (a) the sink in the bathroom was cracked (we reported it to the hotel, but I don't know why housekeeping had not reported it), and (b) we kept hearing someone else's room a/c recycling all night on the second night of our stay, which was odd as we did not even have a neighbor on one side as we had the last room at one end of the hotel. The modernistic decor in the newly refurbished rooms is also somewhat unattractive in my view. On the positive side, the breakfasts and dinner we had there were quite good, and the staff is very helpful. My wife was impressed that the front desk actually asked us where we would like to be before handing us a room key - every place else we go just gives us a room (which usually turns out to be crappy, resulting in the need to go back and ask for what we want anyway). Also, the rates here were very reasonable for a resort-type hotel.

• Liked — Peaceful, beautiful setting
  • Disliked — Noisy room a/c in neighbor's unit
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GoPenguins
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2008

My husband and I spent two nights here on our way up north. We had a great time at this Marriott! The front desk was very helpful -- moving us into a King room, watching out for our lost luggage coming from the airport. The room was very comfortable with a stunning view of the golf course and Ford Lake. The breakfast buffet was very tasty -- especially the omelet. The golf course was convenient and excellent and a very nice place to play. The bar in the hotel was fun. We really had a wonderful time and we are glad that we found this place! My husband would like to go back again on a golfing trip.

Stayed July 2008
PA
Reviewed July 18, 2008

My daughter and I were staying at the hotel for a diving competition. This in of itself brings on stress and nerves. However, from the moment we arrived the staff brought a smile to our faces. Very accommodating with our rooms to ensure our team mate was in the room next to ours to recommending local eating places. However, a few names will always bring a smile to our faces and a true showing of caring. The manager upon arrival named Dan R. was there to greet us and ensure us that he was there to make sure we were well taken care of. He was around all weekend and each time mentioned the diving competition and wished everyone good luck. We then met Jim from food service. He came to our table and wanted to ensure that we were having a positive experience and that our food was all we hoped it would be. He was genuinely concerned that we were happy. Two people will always be remembered by myself and my daughter and other diver. Saturday was horribly rainy. There was an Indian wedding taking place. I had run out to get my car to load up before the kids had to compete. Lo and behold my car lights were left on and my car was dead. I was in panic mode. The kids had to get to EMU. I had already called to have the bellman pick-up my luggage. Tony the bellman was headed to the elevator. I near tears explained my dilemma. In a calming voice he instructed me he was there to help and he would have us loaded up and my car jumped and on the road within 15 minutes. This gentleman was truly my angel!!!! Even with the wedding in the front lobby making it nearly impossible to get of of the hotel and the literal pouring rain, Tony pushed my car out and jumped it with his own car. He then proceeded to rush back and load up my car and I was able to get the divers to their competition practice on time. Tony is not only a great employee but a truly wonderful human being. He will always be remembered to myself and also my 17 year old daughter as someone who goes above and beyond his job duties. I will always be indebted to this kind man and will never really be able to thank him enough. Also, lastly I would like to also commend Beth who waited on me after I dropped the kids off at EMU for practice. I had about 45 min. before I would return for their competition. I went in to order something to eat and of course was still near breakdown after the "car" crisis. She was so kind. She made sure I got something to eat and calmed down. Her kind words and actions did indeed calm me and I cannot thank her enough for making sure I had food and her kind words to get me back on track for the diving meet. The hotel itself was truly a great place to stay, but I wish I could pack up these employees and take them with me to all our competitions. I really do think you are a very fortunate hotel to have such terrific people in your employ.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Michigan
Reviewed July 7, 2008

We booked this room through Priceline so we weren't sure what we were going to get. The room was awesome! Since they weren't that busy on a Sunday night, they upgraded our room to a King Elite. The bed has to be the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on, better than my own. Everything was spotless and very friendly staff. I would highly recommend this hotel. I don't golf but the view was beautiful and overlooked the river. Definitely more than a 4 star hotel. Thank you Marriott.

• Liked — The wonderfully comfortable bed
  • Disliked — cost of breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tuna57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
#30 of 34 in Ann Arbor
The Kensington Hotel
The Kensington Hotel
#7 of 34 in Ann Arbor

Been to Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest? Share your experiences!