“Great Place to Stay When Attending a U of M Football Game”

Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ypsilanti
Clevleand
“Great Place to Stay When Attending a U of M Football Game”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here the night before a recent Univ. of Michigan football game. The hotel is only about 20 mins from the stadium & since hotels can get pretty pricey in Ann Arbor & the traffic crazy, this is a really great alterative, close by. View from the upper floors is amazing & very peaceful. Staff at the front desk was very cheerful & helpful. Ate dinner at night in the bar area & had room service for breakfast. Both were excellent meals. We will be staying there when we attend a football game next year.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be quiet & have an outstanding view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Kauai, Hawaii
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed here during the holidays because our friends live closely. We loved the same server we had every morning... And we loved our beds. Everything was very clean. It is usually sold out though. alot of golfers choose this hotel because the golf course.. its nice, good food, prices are reasonable and everything's clean. They even have a fireplace in the front :) with a huge parking lot in front.

• Stayed December 2012
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed for one evening literally just to sleep after a long day in Ann Arbor. I booked this room in January because all the hotels in Ann Arbor were already full. I was shocked at the $300 a night rate. Unfortunately for us the room rates were more than double because of a big reunion event that weekend. We arrived around 10pm & asked for a quiet room. The room was spacious, dark & quiet or so I thought. The bed was soft but comfortable or so I thought. Sometime around midnight I was woken to a very noisy air conditioner. I also realized the mattress was sunken in the middle. Very uncomfortable situation & I was unable to fall back asleep. All I could hear was the constant banging of the air conditioner. I didn't complain at the time because why would I change rooms when we were leaving in the morning. Upon checking out of the hotel I asked to speak with a Manager & was told there wasn't one on duty. It was a Sunday but I found this difficult to believe a hotel of this size would not have someone available for issues or concerns. She took my complaints, emails, number & said she would give to management. 2 days went by without a call. I really believe they had no intention of contacting me. So I called myself & spoke with the manager. She was very rude & unprofessional but so was I. In the end she partially credited my original form of payment. We stay at Marriott property's often & this was the worst customer service experience I have ever encountered.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, MI
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed only one night for a conference the next day. The room was nice enough , even if it hadn't been fully cleaned before we checked in at 8pm; there were full garbage cans and a giant cobweb in the doorway. Comfy bed, difficult pillows. Lots of toiletries in case we needed them. The fridge was useful for leftovers from dinner.

There was a junior hockey convention and kids were running up and down the halls until almost 1am, yelling and screaming, thudding there feet. Not specifically Marriott's fault, but they could have stopped it.

However, the big problem was breakfast. Breakfast was a pain in the to get. Even at 8:30 (when it ended at 9am) it was extremely packed, with no rhyme or reason on how to go about utilizing the buffet. There were no plates for 5 minutes. All the food was old and was scraping the bottom of the containers. 15 minutes later, they exchanged the food, but by then I already had my plateful and was looking for a non-existent seat. There were also no condiments, no drinks (except milk and coffee- I didn't want either), and no silverware (except spoons). I gave up and was going to take my food back up to the room when a woman stopped to ask me if if paid for it! This breakfast isn't free!!!! Not even when the rom costs $150 (with taxes). I was appalled! It was definitely not a pay worthy hotel breakfast (ignoring the omelette station that wasn't manned for 20 minutes and therefore had about 30 people in line). I merely placed my plate of stale food on a table that needed to be bussed and left. Ridiculous! Many other people were surprised as they were finishing. I overheard them saying they didn't have money with them. So most likely everyone thinks its continental, until the bill comes.

If I'm going to have to pay for breakfast anyway (I don't know how much Marriott is charging) I might as well take a short drive to Ann Arbor and get some terrific, made to order breakfast at Angelo's.

• Stayed September 2013
Maastricht
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Located in picturesque surroundings, this hotel offers peace. Staff is courteous, rooms spacious and well furnished. The breakfast, however, is very limited in choice and if you are a vegetarian like me, then you have a problem. Though this is a common problem with most American hotels, we felt it more acutely as there were no eating places around. Except his, rest everything was fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Notified hotel of early check in a week before, why is there a button for early check in if they're not going to do anything??

Tried at noon but room was not ready, told to come back
Back at 2 but still no room, spoke with front desk clerk, asked to go up to concierge and relax but was refused. Room would be ready "soon" was offered coffee in the restaurant. When I asked to speak to a manager, was told no managers were in the building, at all!! Really?? Wow.
Laid on couch in lobby until room was available, after 3. Arrived upstairs to find housekeeping finishing room.
Every morning housekeeping assembles outside in the hall, making noise, we can hear one mans voice instructing the maids. But....no one ever cleans our room until late, after 3 pm. Even though there aren't many rooms on our hall, there are two maid carts and not very much cleaning going on. Lots of dust in our room, shampoo and conditioner but no soaps. Towels are forgotten the second day, I call downstairs to have the room cleaned early on the third day, no towels in room, I ask the maid and it seems hard for her to give me any...
Room never seems dusted, or really cleaned. I send an email to the hotel manager.
Room itself is a good size, king bed and one comfy chair, desk with desk chair, flat screen tv, fridge and instant coffee maker. Bathroom is small and no where to really hang anything with out it getting wet, sink is outside the bath, no real storage by sink or in bath, limited waste baskets. Toilet paper runs out the first day. Towels are Large but thin. Bar soap, yeah...not. Shower spray so minimal and water tends to run cold after a few. I am surprised I'm on the concierge level. Small closet, lots of plugs.
Concierge lounge is very nice, lots of seating and a grouping of comfy chairs. Two TVs, we spend lots of time here, since there is a shortage of seating in our room. Nice breakfast and dinner, alcohol is offered but for a fee. Evening concierge, Elyse was great. Friendly and accommodating, she snuck me some ice cream when the desserts weren't gluten free, we tipped her well!! She was always checking on us, front desk needs to have a lesson from her. There were chicken kabobs, fruit, veggies and cheese. Plus they brought out crab cakes and grilled cheese sandwiches. Dessert arrived abut 730. Breakfast was the same each morning, fluffy scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, pastries, whole fruit. Yogurt and water, sodas were always available, coffee also but it was bad. The lounge is open from early to about 10pm but not always staffed. Also a computer and printer available.
For such a high priced "resort" they really need to work on their guest service at the front desk and get the housekeeping staff to learn how to clean, and at a quicker pace. Oh. We were offered a free appetizer for waiting for our room....but we didn't use it. Was contacted back by email from the front desk manager, who hoped to "make things right" but never really did anything but offer me a free room "next time" I visited. Seems to me there should have been some compensation this time around!
I frequent the area two or three times a year, next time I will stick with townplace suites or fairfield, which I have gotten decent service for half the price!!

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Perhaps it has to do with my status as a lifetime platinum with Marriott but we were upgraded to a fabulous suite on a concierge floor. it had lovely crown molding above the door and a nice wood entry floor. These was lovely paneling in the sitting and bedrooms that made the room very cozy as well. Both of the rooms were huge so I knew that regular rooms were also roomy s the suite took the floor space of two rooms. There was a 60" TV in the bedroom and a 42" in the sitting room which made watching TV very enjoyable. The bathroom had no tub but a huge walk in shower that was entirely tiled. There was a window in the bathroom that allowed light into the room from the bedroom. On the bedroom side of this window was a mirror and you could not see into the bathroom through the mirror. Actually it was a two way mirror like you see on TV police shows where the person being interrogated sees a mirror but the people on the other side can look through. There was a large walk in closet just off of the bathroom. We had a gorgeous view over the golf course and were able to enjoy a beautiful sunrise the next morning. The bed was very comfortable with king size pillows. The concierge lounge was large and evening choices were varied and tasty. The attendant worked constantly to keep everything available. Dessert was limited to brownies but they were delicious. Breakfast wasn't quite as good. It didn't seem as well tended and the eggs were almost burnt. The had delicious bacon and sausage though. The coffee was very good although there were no coffee options. One problem was that there was only one of two elevators working and we had to wait a long time on a couple of occasions since there are eight floors in the hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the better for views of the golf course.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
#10 of 34 in Ann Arbor
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#30 of 34 in Ann Arbor

Been to Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest? Share your experiences!