Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ypsilanti
Maastricht
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Located in picturesque surroundings, this hotel offers peace. Staff is courteous, rooms spacious and well furnished. The breakfast, however, is very limited in choice and if you are a vegetarian like me, then you have a problem. Though this is a common problem with most American hotels, we felt it more acutely as there were no eating places around. Except his, rest everything was fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Notified hotel of early check in a week before, why is there a button for early check in if they're not going to do anything??

Tried at noon but room was not ready, told to come back
Back at 2 but still no room, spoke with front desk clerk, asked to go up to concierge and relax but was refused. Room would be ready "soon" was offered coffee in the restaurant. When I asked to speak to a manager, was told no managers were in the building, at all!! Really?? Wow.
Laid on couch in lobby until room was available, after 3. Arrived upstairs to find housekeeping finishing room.
Every morning housekeeping assembles outside in the hall, making noise, we can hear one mans voice instructing the maids. But....no one ever cleans our room until late, after 3 pm. Even though there aren't many rooms on our hall, there are two maid carts and not very much cleaning going on. Lots of dust in our room, shampoo and conditioner but no soaps. Towels are forgotten the second day, I call downstairs to have the room cleaned early on the third day, no towels in room, I ask the maid and it seems hard for her to give me any...
Room never seems dusted, or really cleaned. I send an email to the hotel manager.
Room itself is a good size, king bed and one comfy chair, desk with desk chair, flat screen tv, fridge and instant coffee maker. Bathroom is small and no where to really hang anything with out it getting wet, sink is outside the bath, no real storage by sink or in bath, limited waste baskets. Toilet paper runs out the first day. Towels are Large but thin. Bar soap, yeah...not. Shower spray so minimal and water tends to run cold after a few. I am surprised I'm on the concierge level. Small closet, lots of plugs.
Concierge lounge is very nice, lots of seating and a grouping of comfy chairs. Two TVs, we spend lots of time here, since there is a shortage of seating in our room. Nice breakfast and dinner, alcohol is offered but for a fee. Evening concierge, Elyse was great. Friendly and accommodating, she snuck me some ice cream when the desserts weren't gluten free, we tipped her well!! She was always checking on us, front desk needs to have a lesson from her. There were chicken kabobs, fruit, veggies and cheese. Plus they brought out crab cakes and grilled cheese sandwiches. Dessert arrived abut 730. Breakfast was the same each morning, fluffy scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, pastries, whole fruit. Yogurt and water, sodas were always available, coffee also but it was bad. The lounge is open from early to about 10pm but not always staffed. Also a computer and printer available.
For such a high priced "resort" they really need to work on their guest service at the front desk and get the housekeeping staff to learn how to clean, and at a quicker pace. Oh. We were offered a free appetizer for waiting for our room....but we didn't use it. Was contacted back by email from the front desk manager, who hoped to "make things right" but never really did anything but offer me a free room "next time" I visited. Seems to me there should have been some compensation this time around!
I frequent the area two or three times a year, next time I will stick with townplace suites or fairfield, which I have gotten decent service for half the price!!

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Perhaps it has to do with my status as a lifetime platinum with Marriott but we were upgraded to a fabulous suite on a concierge floor. it had lovely crown molding above the door and a nice wood entry floor. These was lovely paneling in the sitting and bedrooms that made the room very cozy as well. Both of the rooms were huge so I knew that regular rooms were also roomy s the suite took the floor space of two rooms. There was a 60" TV in the bedroom and a 42" in the sitting room which made watching TV very enjoyable. The bathroom had no tub but a huge walk in shower that was entirely tiled. There was a window in the bathroom that allowed light into the room from the bedroom. On the bedroom side of this window was a mirror and you could not see into the bathroom through the mirror. Actually it was a two way mirror like you see on TV police shows where the person being interrogated sees a mirror but the people on the other side can look through. There was a large walk in closet just off of the bathroom. We had a gorgeous view over the golf course and were able to enjoy a beautiful sunrise the next morning. The bed was very comfortable with king size pillows. The concierge lounge was large and evening choices were varied and tasty. The attendant worked constantly to keep everything available. Dessert was limited to brownies but they were delicious. Breakfast wasn't quite as good. It didn't seem as well tended and the eggs were almost burnt. The had delicious bacon and sausage though. The coffee was very good although there were no coffee options. One problem was that there was only one of two elevators working and we had to wait a long time on a couple of occasions since there are eight floors in the hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the better for views of the golf course.
Galloway, New Jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great place to stay...takes only minutes to get to Ann Arbor where you can find every restaurant, clothing store, entertainment, food shopping, and pretty much any store you are looking for. Also there is a great little town in Yipsilanti which is about 2 minutes away. Great little pubs and restaurants. Also some cute litte shops :) if you golf defiantly stay here because everyone that I spoke to loves the course. Very nice staff, very clean, bar is open late just one FYI....didn't really care for the breakfast there and spoke to few others that didn't either but over all place is awesome!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the golf course and the river. The river is just beautiful!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at this property while conducting business in Ann Arbor (about 10 miles or so). The hotel is probably 20 minutes from the Detroit airport and freeway close so it is very convenient. The property serves its purpose. it is a nice hotel for those conducting business in the area but probably not the best for a family or group looking to explore the sights. There isn't much around this property and you have to venture a little distance to see much of anything. Rooms were fine and the service was fine. Biggest downside is the restaurant. While the breakfast buffet was fine, the lunch we had was poor. The prices were high, there wasn't much food and it wasn't even tasty. The bread served with the dishes (Mediterranean chicken and a three salad plate) was stale. Since there aren't many nearby food options, you are stuck with the food. We know others who ate there who were happy so perhaps we picked two poor choices but strange to have both of our selections be so poor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bancroft, Michigan, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

TWO TIMES this year this hotel and their idiotic staff has snowed-over my family. In February and in September we had PAID FOR (not just reserved) the honeymoon suite for family members on their wedding night. In February, my nephew and his bride arrived to find their room not available. In September my daughter and her husband arrived to be told that their room had been given away. On both occasions it was a Groom & Bride coming to the hotel straight from their reception only to be told they didn't have a room. Absolutely INSANE! On top of this madness (TWICE!!! ON PAID ROOMS!!!) the hotel staff - including the "Reservations Manager" turns out to be a cold and incompetent person. This is very unfortunate because it is a nice hotel. I would highly suggest that you reconsider using this place.

They put my daughter in "their next best room" and actually wanted to charge us for it before they ever mentioned giving us a free room or giving us a credit for the difference. I stopped by the front desk the next afternoon to try to talk to the manager to find out WHY this happened. She was not there (of course!) and I left a message for her to contact me. She eventually called me two days later and was short, rude and rather matter of fact with me on the phone.

I'll sleep in my car before I EVER stay at another Marriott Hotel.

Room Tip: You want a good room WITH good service? Don't go to this Hotel.
2 Thank Bobby F
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is in a beautiful location - right on the golf course and easily accessed from the interstate. The lobby and grounds were beautiful. Our room was very large and had a great view of the golf course and Ford Lake. The room was very clean and the bathroom was large with a separate sink area outside of the shower/toilet room. That's the good stuff.

Some of the pillow cases were damp and had been folded over maybe to hide that? Not sure what that was all about. The hotel was rather expensive for one night. That may have been because it was move in weekend for Eastern Michigan University, and University of Michigan had a home football game the next day. Hotel was almost 100% full. I was surprised that at the rate we paid, breakfast was not included. The cost was $14 per person for breakfast. We decided to go elsewhere and save some money, but I always appreciate an included breakfast.

Staff was very helpful and nice. Everything was clean, but the damp pillowcases were of some concern.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course. Much better view than the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
#30 of 34 in Ann Arbor
The Kensington Hotel
The Kensington Hotel
#7 of 34 in Ann Arbor

Been to Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest? Share your experiences!