Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)
View Hotel
All reviewsann arborthe concierge loungeconference centerford lakeeastern michigan universitybreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelnice golf coursebusiness triprooms are comfortableparking lota nice place to stayrestaurants and shoppingcommon areasthis past weekendmini fridgefront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel refused to give us a rollaway bed, stating it was a fire hazard. The web site for the hotel clearly states that rollaway beds and cribs are available...and that up to 2 are permitted per room. Normally a double/double will suffice for our family of four, but one of our children became sick with strep throat and was running a fever. We simply wanted an extra bed so we wouldn't have to sleep in a double bed with a sick child. The hotel would not accommodate the request...even for a lifetime Marriott Platinum member. Ridiculous.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank cypresstexas
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I would have given 4 stars but for certain issues. The kitchen had a fire and could not serve dinner the night we were there. So that was inconvenient and we had to walk across the street. We should have driven because it was further than anticipated and driving would have been safer at night as it is not well lit. The shower pressure in the room was not adequate. The hotel itself and the grounds are very lovely to look at. Despite the outward elegance, I was surprised at the number of children being rowdy at night all over the hotel. I cannot say it was a peaceful experience. My biggest complaint was that there were only two elevators in the hotel (or at least the section I stayed in). It was always a tight squeeze with the other guests and we stopped on every floor. Again this distracted from the hope of relaxation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nice hotel with a good pool, gym and a hot jacuzzi that is actually warm enough. Staff is friendly and helpful. If it is a weekend with a wedding ask for a room looking out over the parking lot. I know the views of the lake are prettier, but you will avoid the noise from a wedding reception if you are on the parking lot side.

Just a couple of minor negatives. The chair at the desk would not adjust and for some reason one day they didn't clean my room. On my way out to dinner I told them and when I got back the room was done.

Room Tip: See above.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Was here for a wedding in July. It is a BEAUTIFUL property. But for any hotel, I feel like the most important thing (as a guest) is to be able to sleep.

It appears the property hosts multiple weddings each weekend, including outdoor ceremonies and receptions. Unfortunately, the late afternoon - early evening reception uses such loud speakers that my room (facing out toward the water/golf course) was shaking from all of the music. Having come in to town on a red-eye, I was hoping to get a short nap in the afternoon. That was not to be. There is no way to avoid the noise (at least on that side of the hotel, as in my experience), and it feels as if there is a concert in the room next to you (the noise was so violent that I initially thought that my neighbor must have hooked up big speakers in his/her room and must be practicing DJ'ing or something). The good thing is that they seem to be good at sticking with the 11pm hard stop.

The room was standard -- not too bad, but nothing outstanding.

Room Tip: If you need sleep before 11pm, try to ask the front desk for a room away from the noise (assuming there is a wedding reception that day and/or night).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy_555555
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a beautiful property attached to a resort but it is a standard Marriott hotel. My room looked out over the golf course. Breathtaking! The front desk staff is high energy and professional. Here's the buyer beware - they put new thermostats in the property and the coldest setting (it's summertime remember) is 68 degrees. That might be fine for some, but I am buying a room and I overheat at night. As a consumer, the hotel has an obligation to accomodate my preferences for comfort. Turn the stat to 70 or higher during the day while I am gone. I don't pay to suffer at. I stay at a lot of Marriotts (see my reviews) and this is the very first time that I have experienced this. Needless to say, this hotel is off my list permanently. They gave me a fan, but all that does is circulate the 68 degree air.

My biggest gripe with any hotel are the housekeepers who do not check to make sure things in their rooms actually work. I am sitting at a desk chair that is supposed to be adjustable. This one is broken and will only assume one position - lowest. I have to reach up to type.

Sorry, resort or no resort, I will not recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business