“Easy Location - great for Ann Arbor destination”

Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ypsilanti
Boston, Massachusetts
“Easy Location - great for Ann Arbor destination”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed at this property for 3 days while attending a business meeting in Ann Arbor. The hotel is only 20 minutes from DTW and only 6 miles from downtown Ann Arbor - right off highway I-94. The staff is so friendly - from the front desk, housekeeping and the lounge. The lobby is new with lots of great places to meet for a drink or for an informal business meeting. There is a lovely view of the golf course and lake from one side of the hotel - otherwise you are stuck with a view of the parking lot. My second room was clean, but the first room I had smelled like smoke - even the housekeeping agreed with me.....the front desk changed my room right away and apologized for the inconvenience. I'm a elite member at Marriott so had access to the lounge - which was about the size of most of them and they offered quite a bit in the evening - looked like some people were making a meal out of it, rather than a snack! And breakfast also had a lot of choices, the usual continental offerings, including fresh fruit - plus, egg/bacon/sausage. I'll definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the golf course and lake.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The rooms are nicely decorated and clean. I could not hear anything outside the room and slept well. Great view of the golf course.

This facility hosts meetings and big group activities. In addition, the golf facility shares the parking lot with the hotel. At times, it was challenging to find a parking spot. It is really hard to bring stuff inside the hotel.

Most of the front desk staff needs some serious customer service training, specially the new ones. If anything deviates from the routine, it will throw them off. I also noticed that the same group likes to hang around the concierge lounge.

new york
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Have stayed here several times. Friendly cheerful prompt service, and amenities at top of range as Marriotts go - high quality in-room coffee and toiletries, bathrobes, sheets. High style with European flair in public area decor; impeccably clean and new-feeling throughout. Gorgeous view over golf course and lake. Terrifically comfortable bed- soft but plenty of support. On every visit I've been astounded by the quality of the breakfast/brunch (ingredient freshness and skill of preparation) - I'm a food snob and they have not failed to impress. And FREE WIFI! I give lots of points for that.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Elsie, Michigan
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We recently stayed at this Marriott for a military conference. Upon arriving, we were told that our program manager had not made individual reservations for the families. The hotel was booked solid. We did not have a room. The front desk staff was incredible. After finally securing us a room for Friday, they called a nearby hotel to secure us a room for Saturday. We were not looking forward to changing hotels. Marriott staff took down our name and promised to call us if they got a cancellation for us. Later that same evening, we got a call...they did get a cancellation and we were able to stay in our room a second night! Awesome customer service!

The room was clean and well appointed. Housekeeping was very responsive when asked for additional coffee in the room.

Bathroom was handicapped accessible and even had a shower chair for the tub (but no roll-in shower).

Beautiful property! There was a wedding held on the property Saturday night. It was a lovely setting for it. The grounds are very well maintained.

Madison, Alabama
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I recently spent four nights there on business, and always stay at Marriott properties throughout the year. This was my fist stay at this property, and I really wasn't that impressed with the staff, or the cleanliness. When I booked the room well in advance I was guaranteed a king bed. I'm a Platinum Elite member and always get a King bed. Upon arrival I was given a room with two queen or double beds and was told I was never guaranteed a king bed. The desk clerk argued with me insisting I was never guaranteed a king bed, and they didn't have any available. I went to the room they gave me which smelled like cigarettes, so I asked for another room. I was told they had no more rooms, but after demanding another room, they finally moved me to another room. The new room was nothing special, and was not very clean. I did pull my reservation up on my computer and found that I was guaranteed a king bed. I was later called by the manager on duty with an apology, and she told me I was correct and guaranteed a king bed, but they didn't have any available.Throughout my stay, housekeeping was pathetic, never vacuumed my room, didn't empty my trash or replenish my towels until I had to call and get it done. On two consecutive days during my stay, I had no hot water, and found that I was not alone. I ran in to some other angry guests with no hot water. Two days in a row I asked to speak with the General Manager, but was told he was in meetings each time, or was not on the property. After two days of no hot water, I demanded to see him, told again he was in a meeting but told the clerk to GET HIM! After finally getting to meet with him, he apologized for the problems I had, and as a result he was going to give me a substantial amount of bonus points. Three weeks later, I still haven't received the points.
The positives: Comfortable beds, and a great view if you get the golf course and lake view. The Concierge Lounge was great, and the staff there was the best. They should have been working the front desk.
Overall, the hotel needs to be updated, and could use a good cleaning. Would I recommend this hotel? Possibly. Would I stay there again? Probably not

Room Tip: Ask for the lake view rooms
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed February 25, 2011

This is my second trip to Eagle Crest, the first time about a year ago. I did not choose to stay here--it was for a convention. Both times I have had excellent experiences. The staff was super polite and went out of their way to accommodate any request. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and up to date. The mattresses are heavenly, in my opinion. I ordered room service once and the seared tuna appetizer was out of this world! Marie from the convention center made sure I had everything I needed to set up in one of the ballrooms. She is a great asset to this hotel. I hope I have the opportunity to come back next year! By the way, the views from the hotel overlooking the golf course and lake are gorgeous even in February!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed November 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed here yesterday and it was a wonderful getaway. We both enjoyed playing golf and relaxing at the indoor pool. Rooms were nice and up to Marriott standards. I would recommend to anyone wanting to play golf or needing to stay in Ypsilanti.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
#30 of 34 in Ann Arbor
The Kensington Hotel
The Kensington Hotel
#7 of 34 in Ann Arbor

Been to Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest? Share your experiences!