“Just what we needed”

Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ypsilanti
Reviewed December 17, 2007

We booked this hotel after getting caught in a snowstorm on the way back to Chicago, last minute.

This hotel was exactly what we needed, in fact, if I am ever in the neighborhood again, this is where we will stay. It is a VERY nice hotel. It is unfortunate we didn't get to see or use most of the facilities. The rooms were very nice, but the hallways could use some renovations. You really can't go wrong here, it is very nice.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kel3420
There are newer reviews for Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest

Reviewed November 26, 2007

Seriously. If you have ever been to the Marriott Ann Arbor/ Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest you probably have noticed in recent years that it has been a bit out of date....Until now. Recent TOTAL renovation of the hotel/guest rooms/restaurant has made this hotel first class in the area. It also seems as though the staff has been renovated as well. Whether I was leaving the hotel, coming into the hotel, visiting the restaurant, etc I was ALWAYS greeted friendly by the staff/bell boys/front desk and bartenders. I haven't been back to metro Detroit in a few years and my wife and I were surprised of how nice the hotel was.

Room cleanliness was nice. The large LCD TV in the room made movie watching a pleasure. Our view of Ford Lake and the golf course was a nice sight to wake up in the morning to. The bed, pillows and comforter I wanted to take home with us. It was so comfortable we had to order breakfast in bed.

Room Service was excellent. Our breakfast arrived promptly and the service personnel was respectful enough to call ahead of time to let us know that our breakfast was ready to be delivered.

Restaurant was also excellent. We didn't have a chance to have a full dinner, however the calamari and crab cake appetizers were prepared elegantly. Coffee was fresh and my wife's martini was prepared perfectly.

I would give this hotel high rankings and would stay here again. Marriott's high standards are reflected throughout this hotel from the parking lot to the hotel room.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian11d2
Reviewed November 25, 2007

Stayed at the hotel over Thanksgiving Weekend while in town visiting family. Fabulous location--10 minutes from the airport, and close enough to the major freeways that I was able to visit family in Ann Arbor, Novi and Birmingham with ease. Free parking was a plus, the views of the golf course and the lake were spectacular and the room was beautiful. The hotel has been completely renovated and is gorgeous. The staff was friendly and helpful, the food in the restaurant was very good. Will stay here again for sure--especially for UM football weekends--golf in the am, football in the pm!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2007

I was pleasantly surprised, given some of the reviews I'd read, which were, frankly scary. The location is on a very nice golf course, the lobby was very pretty with marble floors that were shiny and in general very pretty (although currently under construction). The room was very clean, with nice comfortable bedding and looked modern. I would certainly stay here again. I suspect that the really bad reviews were written by disgruntled ex-employees, because their experience was in no way similar to mine. I was traveling with another adult, and we did not use pool facilities, so I can't speak to that. All rooms are non-smoking, which was wonderful. We were unable to get a king bed as requested, but that was ok. The rooms are not big, but tastefully appointed.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank speechcreature
Reviewed December 23, 2006

This hotel is not new - but the staff is good, and the concierge level is very nice. I look forward to staying here, and I have about half a dozen times. The restaurant is excellent .

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank Bigbuilder
Reviewed November 24, 2006

I stay over 80 hotel nights per year, so I will admit that I can be picky, but this hotel really is horrible. It is old, dirty, and the hotel ran out of coffee. How does an entire hotel run out of coffee? I have never heard of that happenning, and I am not talking about the little packs they leave in your room, I am talking about the coffee they brew and serve in the morning. While that may not matter to some people, I felt that it was basically a symptom of a larger disease at this place. The room was dirty with a large stain in the middle of the carpet near the bed. In addition, the TV remote was missing and the shower/tub drain was mostly clogged making every shower a bath. Overall, my stay here was horrible.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank another_traveller2
Reviewed October 1, 2006

I had to attend a business conference at this hotel...while looking up directions I came over to Tripadvisor to check out the hotel's ratings. To say I was apprehensive about spending time there and eating three meals there is an understatement after the last two reviews!

My experience, however put me at ease. The facility is lovely. The staff very helpful and accomodating. The food, which was under such dispute was VERY good...and that was the opinion of our 12 person group who all ordered different items!

The hotel itself was up to date, and very clean. Our bathroom was stocked with a dozen towels--literally!

We are planning on moving our seminars to this hotel after our weekend there...and that's 400 people we'll have there and I am not the least bit nervous after a great experience!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
8  Thank kadelia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor
Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ann Arbor
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor West
The Kensington Hotel
The Kensington Hotel
#5 of 35 in Ann Arbor

Been to Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest? Share your experiences!