“Hampton Habits”

Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wyoming
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Hampton chain of hotels are excellent for the business traveler. Great value, plenty of locations conveniently located in major markets. No need to stay anywhere else. Rewards program is generous. People make it special.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kristi M, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Charles M:

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay and appreciated the value and location our hotel offers. I will pass along your kind words with the rest of our staff. We look forward to serving you again next time you are in town.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Room smells were overwhelming. Ours was a strong burnt strawberry scent. Nice hotel. Well maintained and clean. Hotel front desk employees were very helpful for things around town.
Chilli's is the only restaurant close to this hotel. There is a bagel shop and an oriental place right next door...which no one went to...

Room Tip: Chilli's is the only "regular" restaurant close.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Kurt B, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Christina S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community.

I am happy to read that you found our front desk staff helpful and our hotel clean. I will make sure bring the overwhelming scent of your room to the housekeeping department.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again if you find yourself in the Grand Rapids area.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My company has a pretty low nightly budget for hotel accommodations. The general manger at the Hampton Inn really did a great job of working with us to give us a rate that fit within our budget. For our business purposes, this location was absolutely ideal, so I am grateful that we were able to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kurt B, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Camille P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel with the TripAdvisor community.

I am happy our rates fit your company's hotel accommodations budget and you were able to stay with us. We hope to see you again if you travel back to the Grand Rapids area.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

You will see just how nice this place is when you walk in. The lobby looks like it was renovated very recently and the staff was extremely helpful. The location of the hotel is great, too. Right off the freeway and just 7 minutes away from downtown Grand Rapids. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in West Michigan and I'd definitely recommend it for people looking for a well priced room that is close to all of Grand Rapids' museums and night life.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kurt B, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Jordan W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with the TripAdvisor community your experience with our hotel.

I am always glad to hear it when our recent lobby renovation gets noticed. We did do some extensive remodeling to our hotel's public areas during the 2012/2013 winter.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope you will be our guest again if you find yourself on our side of the state.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for the night, and we were pleasantly surprised with the friendly service, cleanliness, and comfort that this wonderful hotel had to offer. My two small girls enjoyed the pool, which for a Saturday night was enjoyably quiet. There is also a Chili's restaurant right across the street if you feel like dining out. Our rooms were spotless, comfortable, and quiet. If there was to be any downside to the room, it would be that I truely wish they had a small fridge to store water and snacks. But to make up for that, their morning breakfast was definitely DELICIOUS! No cold, stale muffins and bagels here. Fresh fruit, warm oatmeal with delicious toppings, sausage, omletes, make your own waffles! I mean come on! This place is great! Friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast. Next time we are in the area we will definitely be back, and we would happily recommend this hotel to friends and family as well! Thank you Hampton Inn for making our stay rewarding.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Kurt B, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear CPEREZ1214,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review and sharing your experience from our hotel with the TripAdvisor community.

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I have already shared your wonderful comments with our hotel staff. We look forward to welcoming you again the next time you are in the Grand Rapids area.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Over 25 years they have always met my needs with a quality room and service. My home away from home! They make my travel for work my place to relax enjoy a good verity for breakfast.the lobby or my room to relax like being at home. Locations near my work locations and areas to visit afterwork.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kurt B, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Fred J

Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel with the TripAdvisor community.

We take great pride in our 17 years young Hampton Inn and hope to continue to serve our wonderful guests for many more years to come.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Friendly & helpful staff. Clean rooms, comfy beds, one of the best breakfasts I've had at a Hampton Inn. Would recommend a friend or stay here again myself in the future. Decent restaurants nearby to eat.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kristi M, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear dragonflytoo:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind words regarding our friendly staff, abundant breakfast, and clean guest rooms. I can't wait to share your comments with our hardworking staff.

We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyoming
2 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids
Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown
Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown
#13 of 49 in Grand Rapids

Been to Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South? Share your experiences!