“Worked with us for corporate rate”

Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wyoming
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My company has a pretty low nightly budget for hotel accommodations. The general manger at the Hampton Inn really did a great job of working with us to give us a rate that fit within our budget. For our business purposes, this location was absolutely ideal, so I am grateful that we were able to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kurt B, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Camille P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel with the TripAdvisor community.

I am happy our rates fit your company's hotel accommodations budget and you were able to stay with us. We hope to see you again if you travel back to the Grand Rapids area.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

You will see just how nice this place is when you walk in. The lobby looks like it was renovated very recently and the staff was extremely helpful. The location of the hotel is great, too. Right off the freeway and just 7 minutes away from downtown Grand Rapids. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in West Michigan and I'd definitely recommend it for people looking for a well priced room that is close to all of Grand Rapids' museums and night life.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kurt B, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Jordan W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with the TripAdvisor community your experience with our hotel.

I am always glad to hear it when our recent lobby renovation gets noticed. We did do some extensive remodeling to our hotel's public areas during the 2012/2013 winter.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope you will be our guest again if you find yourself on our side of the state.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for the night, and we were pleasantly surprised with the friendly service, cleanliness, and comfort that this wonderful hotel had to offer. My two small girls enjoyed the pool, which for a Saturday night was enjoyably quiet. There is also a Chili's restaurant right across the street if you feel like dining out. Our rooms were spotless, comfortable, and quiet. If there was to be any downside to the room, it would be that I truely wish they had a small fridge to store water and snacks. But to make up for that, their morning breakfast was definitely DELICIOUS! No cold, stale muffins and bagels here. Fresh fruit, warm oatmeal with delicious toppings, sausage, omletes, make your own waffles! I mean come on! This place is great! Friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast. Next time we are in the area we will definitely be back, and we would happily recommend this hotel to friends and family as well! Thank you Hampton Inn for making our stay rewarding.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Kurt B, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear CPEREZ1214,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review and sharing your experience from our hotel with the TripAdvisor community.

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I have already shared your wonderful comments with our hotel staff. We look forward to welcoming you again the next time you are in the Grand Rapids area.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Over 25 years they have always met my needs with a quality room and service. My home away from home! They make my travel for work my place to relax enjoy a good verity for breakfast.the lobby or my room to relax like being at home. Locations near my work locations and areas to visit afterwork.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kurt B, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Fred J

Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel with the TripAdvisor community.

We take great pride in our 17 years young Hampton Inn and hope to continue to serve our wonderful guests for many more years to come.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Friendly & helpful staff. Clean rooms, comfy beds, one of the best breakfasts I've had at a Hampton Inn. Would recommend a friend or stay here again myself in the future. Decent restaurants nearby to eat.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kristi M, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear dragonflytoo:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind words regarding our friendly staff, abundant breakfast, and clean guest rooms. I can't wait to share your comments with our hardworking staff.

We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Nice, quiet room. Clean hotel with a friendly staff. I was looking for a place to stay in Grand Rapids, but the hotels in the downtown area were more expensive; some were much larger with many floors. I liked the idea that this hotel only had a few floors and ample parking. This hotel was about 6 miles away from the downtown activities, but it was just a short drive. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kristi M, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Laure F:

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on your recent experience at our hotel. It's great to receive your complimentary feedback on our location and friendly staff. We appreciate you choosing our hotel during your travels, and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Very clean, very helpful staff, check in was quick. I would stay here again. The lobby was set up nice and it was very clean. The guy who checked us in was very helpful and quick. If you are attending an event downtown Grand Rapids, this is very close (within 6 or 7miles) not a bad drive to get there and the prices are cheaper than staying in one downtown.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kristi M, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Lisa R:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor Community. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the service, comfort, and convenience of our suburban hotel. We look forward to serving you again the next time your travels bring you to the Grand Rapids area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyoming
Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East
Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Downtown
Holiday Inn Express South
Holiday Inn Express South
#22 of 48 in Grand Rapids
Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids

Been to Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South? Share your experiences!