“Friendly Staff - Partially Updated”

Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wyoming
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Grand Rapids South (Wyoming) for two nights for a charity cycling event in Holland, MI. The hotel is about 13 years old, and is in the process of a major renovation. The public areas have all been completely updated. The lady at the registration desk tells me the guest rooms are going to be updated in the fall. The guest rooms are very clean, but the furniture is older (in very good shape, though). There are a few restaurants within walking distance to the hotel, and many others within a very short drive. If the guest rooms are renovated anything like the rest of the hotel, this will be a gem. It is already a nice property in a good area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
kmcwilliams, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear stirfry300:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of our property. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at our hotel including our recent public area renovations. We, too, are pleased with the changes and happy to say that we plan on beginning the guest room bathroom renovations later this fall/early winter. We hope to serve you again the next time you are in the West Michigan area.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Having stayed at Hampton's in the past, I thought this would be a good choice, however, it was not up to par, for what I paid. I've stayed at nicer hotels, and spent $30-$40 less, and had more amenities! Room had a stench to it... like too many cleaners. Carpet felt sticky, almost like it was sprayed with something. No refrigerators in room...we stayed in a King w/pull out. On a brighter note... it was a great location... easy on/off highway. For the price... they need to take a look at some areas.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Margaret L:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize we were not able to meet all your expectations. At this time, microwave and mini-fridges are not in all our guest rooms. We do have 20 rooms that have a king bed, pull-out sofa and a mini-fridge/microwave combination. Our maintenance staff has already steam cleaned the carpets in your guest room. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a volleyball tournament. It was packed with teenage girls. The staff kept the hotel as well maintained and quiet as possible. Would definitely stay again if in the area. The location was superb.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Devon G:

Thank you for writing about your recent experience with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us last weekend during the Michigan State Track and Volleyball tournaments. It's always a busy weekend for the city of Grand Rapids and I'm happy to hear we not only met your expectations but exceeded them. We can't wait to serve you again.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This Hampton Inn was very nice. The facility, amenities, and staff were all top notch. I had no complaints during my stay. We came to town for a wedding and everything was close. Access to all roads to go everywhere including the airport was easy and quick.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
kmcwilliams, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Arthur J:

We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback about our great hotel and friendly staff. I’m pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations with the cleanliness of our rooms, our ideal location and our staff’s excellence in service. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel was not only very clean - but the staff are all extremely friendly. The morning breakfast was more then I would order at a restaurant and the selection was fantastic. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Brenda S:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay, our clean rooms, friendly staff, and our delicous breakfast that we’re proud to offer our guests. We have a wonderful team here, so it’s great to receive your kind comments. We appreciate your recommendations of our hotel and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

The lobby and hallways all remodeled very nice but I opened door to my room it's like 1982. Room was very clean but extremely humid the air ran nonstop. I am diamond vip hilton honors member and this is first Hampton without a fridge and microwave in the room. Breakfast was average with line of people waiting to get coffee maybe a different set up would be better. Front desk always had 2 people there and neither ever looked up or said hello.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JMRow

Dear daizey:

Thank you for staying with us. Although I was pleased to learn from your review that your found our rooms to be very clean, I apologize that you were somewhat disappointed with the lack of microwave and mini fridge. At this time, we do not offer the units in all our rooms but we do have 20 rooms that offer them. If booking online, they are listed as "1 KING W/ REFRIG/ MICROWAVE/ SOFABED NONSMOK", otherwise, if booking via phone, please ask the Guest Service Representative. I do appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms’ appearance as this is an area we are actively examining and plan on beginning the bathroom renovation later this fall. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we first arrived, I saw a couple of places in the hall and elevator that seemed worn and looked a little shabby. I was worried that there would be problems with the room, but I had nothing to worry about. The room was very nice and clean. The bed was awesome! The sheets were soft and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was one of the best that I have ever had at a hotel chain. No one went hungry. My only complaint was the hot tub. The first night it was nice, but the second night it wasn't even close to being warm. Overall we had a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
kmcwilliams, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to report that our whirlpool is back to holding it's temperature. We are so happy to hear you, like many others, loved the bed and the breakfast. Can't wait to pass along your kind words to our staff. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyoming
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Express South
#22 of 49 in Grand Rapids
Holiday Inn Grand Rapids - Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids

Been to Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South? Share your experiences!