Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South
Hotels.com
$103
$89
CheapTickets
Grand Rapids Inn(Grand Rapids)
$51
Rodeway Inn(Grandville)
$76
$175
Quality Inn(Grand Rapids)
$70
$63
QualityInn
Budgetel Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
$60
All reviewsgrand rapidspleasant staypool and hot tubwould stay here againstaff was very friendlyfitness centereasy accessgreat place to stayfront desk staffvery nice hotelclean roomsbusiness triphot breakfastgreat breakfastbed was comfortablewafflesconvenient location
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Arrived late at night and immediately impressed with how well-lit the grounds are (very important to business ladies traveling alone!). I was welcomed by a smiling face. Great service from the front desk (I had business packages delivered). It rained on day 2 and they lent me an umbrella which saved me the expense of purchasing.
The room itself was clean & simple - this property has not been renovated like many of the Hamptons today but it was still nice.
Business center has 2 computers & printers along with supplies (including FedEx).
Target & Meijer are across the street and there are nearby restaurants - within walking distance, too.
Elevator was slightly incovenient - had to roll my luggage down the hall over the carpet (carpet slows down and weighs down your bags).
I grabbed a breakfast-to-go bag and enjoyed my coffee while dashing off to my early morn mtg.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
kmcwilliams, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear ginabuchanan:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of your time at our hotel. You highlighted a few of the things that our team strives for everyday! We want all of our guests to feel safe and enjoy the Hampton experience of a comfortable room, excellent service, and a great breakfast - even if it's a simple On-The-Run bag. I am so glad to hear that our property was in the perfect location for your trips needs.

We are in the process of renovating our hotel like many of the other Hampton Inns. By the end of the year, we will have redone our meeting room as well as our lobby area. We will be focusing on our guests rooms starting next year.

We look forward to serving you the next time you are in the Grand Rapids area. Until then, I remain...

At Your Service,

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We spent a weekend at this hotel and enjoyed our visit very much. They were clearly very full but the staff still found time to be very helpful. The room was extremely clean. We had the king room and it came with a sleeper sofa and a large sitting area. The pool was very nice and the breakfast good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Dave C:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. It sounds like you truly enjoyed your trip and we are so glad to hear it! I am glad you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and our staff to be accommodating. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect and deserve.

We hope to serve you the next time you are in the Grand Rapids area. Until then, I remain…

At Your Service,

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Wonderful hotel and a great value. Check in was pleasant and quick. Breakfast is really good. Everything is very clean. The staff will go out of their way on all occasions to be thoughtful and friendly. I highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Scott Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Murphy100711,

Thank you for staying at our Hampton Inn earlier this month. We very much appreciate your kind review.

I look forward to sharing your compliments with our staff!!

Safe travels,

Scott Zeien

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had a king room with a sofabed, microwave and fridge. Traveling with a toddler, we thought it would be helpful to have the fridge, and I was right.
The room was fine, clean, and the bed was comfortable. The sofa was not comfortable to sit or sleep on, but since our 5 year old was sleeping on it, it was suitable.
We had requested a pack-and-play, most hotels have them now. This hotel only had cribs. My son is 14 months, so we needed it. It was a collapsible crib, which felt flimsy. It was a very thin mattress, but they did provide an extra, small blanket that we used as cushioning. The problem was, my son would stand up, hold on to the bar and shake as hard as he could and he really got that crib rocking! I was afraid it was going to fall over. Then he kept fiddling with the clasp to where we were afraid he was going to collapse the crib on himself. I did let the front desk staff know they should really make the small investment for a couple of pack-and-plays, they just kinda shrugged and said, "Yeah, we know".
My other complaint was the breakfast. The first morning there were scrambled eggs, and biscuits and gravy, along with make-your-own waffles and other traditional foods like cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, and pastries. The eggs were terrible. I had to throw them out. There were very overcooked. I ended up with a waffle, which was fine. The next morning they had sausage patties and what looked like pancakes. We ended up going out to eat (Arnies, right next door has a very good breakfast!!)
The location was great though, very convenient for our stay - which was for the Transplant Games of America. Events were held at different venues in the Grand Rapids area, and this hotel was easy-on to the expressways and has a lot nearby (Target, Meijier, Chilis, etc).
I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again - along with our team from the Transplant Games, there was a large girls softball team and a large boys baseball team staying here as well - which made everything a bit chaotic (getting breakfast, waiting for the elevators, the pool).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Christine K
Scott Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Christine K,

Thank you for staying with our Hampton Inn during the Transplant Games. I appreciate your thorough review of our hotel.

I like your idea for the pack and play. We will discuss that amongst our management team. They do sound like a more comfortable option for children.

We agree that that was a busy weekend for both our guests and our staff. Not only did we house people from the Transplant Games, and various sports teams, but also people traveling to Grand Haven for the annual Coast Guard Festival.

Please feel free to give me a call regarding more details about your Transplant Game experience. What a neat event!!

Scott Zeien

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel is situated to many food / retail establishments. There's Target, a grocery store ( i believe it was Meijer), Chillis, Arnies, Sonic, chinese buffet and some other restaurants nearby. The hotel itself is the older Hampton looks. The room is average and there's no fridge or microwave in room. The Fitness Center looks new and spacious. There are 4 cardio machines with free weighs and really like the new look.
Their staff are nice and professional in my opinion.
I like Hampton breakfast especially their oatmeal and enjoyed it when they make it right.
Overall, it was an ok stay and nothing out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
kmcwilliams, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Leilani07:
Thanks very much for taking the time to review our hotel; we’re glad to know you enjoyed your stay and our new fitness center. We are continuing with renovations at our hotel and by the year end will have a new lobby, front desk area, and meeting room space among many other projects. We hope to serve you again the next time you are in the Grand Rapids area. As always, I remain...