“Awesome!!!!”

Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wyoming
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Wonderful hotel and a great value. Check in was pleasant and quick. Breakfast is really good. Everything is very clean. The staff will go out of their way on all occasions to be thoughtful and friendly. I highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Scott Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Murphy100711,

Thank you for staying at our Hampton Inn earlier this month. We very much appreciate your kind review.

I look forward to sharing your compliments with our staff!!

Safe travels,

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had a king room with a sofabed, microwave and fridge. Traveling with a toddler, we thought it would be helpful to have the fridge, and I was right.
The room was fine, clean, and the bed was comfortable. The sofa was not comfortable to sit or sleep on, but since our 5 year old was sleeping on it, it was suitable.
We had requested a pack-and-play, most hotels have them now. This hotel only had cribs. My son is 14 months, so we needed it. It was a collapsible crib, which felt flimsy. It was a very thin mattress, but they did provide an extra, small blanket that we used as cushioning. The problem was, my son would stand up, hold on to the bar and shake as hard as he could and he really got that crib rocking! I was afraid it was going to fall over. Then he kept fiddling with the clasp to where we were afraid he was going to collapse the crib on himself. I did let the front desk staff know they should really make the small investment for a couple of pack-and-plays, they just kinda shrugged and said, "Yeah, we know".
My other complaint was the breakfast. The first morning there were scrambled eggs, and biscuits and gravy, along with make-your-own waffles and other traditional foods like cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, and pastries. The eggs were terrible. I had to throw them out. There were very overcooked. I ended up with a waffle, which was fine. The next morning they had sausage patties and what looked like pancakes. We ended up going out to eat (Arnies, right next door has a very good breakfast!!)
The location was great though, very convenient for our stay - which was for the Transplant Games of America. Events were held at different venues in the Grand Rapids area, and this hotel was easy-on to the expressways and has a lot nearby (Target, Meijier, Chilis, etc).
I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again - along with our team from the Transplant Games, there was a large girls softball team and a large boys baseball team staying here as well - which made everything a bit chaotic (getting breakfast, waiting for the elevators, the pool).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Christine K
Scott Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Christine K,

Thank you for staying with our Hampton Inn during the Transplant Games. I appreciate your thorough review of our hotel.

I like your idea for the pack and play. We will discuss that amongst our management team. They do sound like a more comfortable option for children.

We agree that that was a busy weekend for both our guests and our staff. Not only did we house people from the Transplant Games, and various sports teams, but also people traveling to Grand Haven for the annual Coast Guard Festival.

Please feel free to give me a call regarding more details about your Transplant Game experience. What a neat event!!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel is situated to many food / retail establishments. There's Target, a grocery store ( i believe it was Meijer), Chillis, Arnies, Sonic, chinese buffet and some other restaurants nearby. The hotel itself is the older Hampton looks. The room is average and there's no fridge or microwave in room. The Fitness Center looks new and spacious. There are 4 cardio machines with free weighs and really like the new look.
Their staff are nice and professional in my opinion.
I like Hampton breakfast especially their oatmeal and enjoyed it when they make it right.
Overall, it was an ok stay and nothing out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
kmcwilliams, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Leilani07:
Thanks very much for taking the time to review our hotel; we’re glad to know you enjoyed your stay and our new fitness center. We are continuing with renovations at our hotel and by the year end will have a new lobby, front desk area, and meeting room space among many other projects. We hope to serve you again the next time you are in the Grand Rapids area. As always, I remain...

Reviewed July 8, 2012

What a nice place, front desk people are the very best!!! We had a very good breakfast the next morning, excellent food!!! Pool could use some updates, repair drain covers!!! Anyone with little ones should check the drain covers before allowing childern at deep end, cover was off and on side of pool.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear ajp59,

Thank you for choosing to be our guest. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at our Hampto Inn.

I am sorry that our drain cover became detached on the deep end of our pool. Our maintenance team has subsequently fixed that issue.

I will make sure to pass on your generous comments to both our front desk and breakfast teams.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Upon arrival, there were congregating guests, possibly fueled by alcohol, in the lobby. They were obnoxious and loud...not a very good sign... The room was clean, but the carpet in the common areas was pretty gross. The ice machines were constantly empty. All in all, I found this hotel to be skeezy and I should have just paid the extra $50 to stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Dear Freal,

Thank you for staying with us recently. We very much appreciate all guest feedback.

I am sorry that you feel that there was an excessive amount of activity in our lobby when you checked in. It appears that you stayed with us during the state track and volleyball finals weekend. That is an annual event that pretty much fills up all hotels in town.

In November, when our business slows down, we will completely renovate our lobby. We plan to replace our hallway carpet and wall paper immediately after that.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Not in a picturesque area. But good overall function. Wifi, desks, gym, breakfast all included. I cannot say I would rush to stay there, but it was convenient and complaint free. Good for what it was.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Warned that the hotel was undergoing renovation, I was ready for the worst. Stepping into the elevator, I thought that it was going to be a tough night. But I was very pleasantly surprised that the room was clean, quiet and ... perfect!

The front desk staff and others in the hotel were helpful, courteous and pleasant. It was a short but pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyoming
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Express South
#22 of 49 in Grand Rapids
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Grand Rapids - Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South? Share your experiences!