“Your typical "the best surprise is no surprise" Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wyoming
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Spent a well-earned night's rest at this property and it was everything you've come to expect from Hampton Inns. Clean, comfortable, friendly. The old Holiday Inn advertisements used to claim that "the best surprise was no surprise" and that's pretty much what I found here. A couple of expected, but often missed by Hampton Inns, amenities were exactly as I wanted them: Two services of "brew your own" coffee in the room and a nice bagged breakfast I was able to grab as I left in the morning. (This one is often missed by Hampton Inns).
A great value, would stay there again. I didn't use the pool but it looked very inviting.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HoosierTravelers08

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I have stayed here many times and it has been a good hotel. Although everything is typical of a Hampton Inn, after this week's visit, I wont be staying there again due to the terrible beds. It's been three days and I am still having back issues from the saggy, soft beds.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last year with this week being my most recent visit. I found the staff and facilities to be top notch. They offered cookies in the afternoon and a small breakfest in the morning. I used the excercise room and found the machines to be in good shape. They have a nice indoor pool and the room was clean and well appointed. They offer WiFi and are close to the interstate. Also, two restraunts are located next to the property which was very convenient.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
kmcwilliams, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

Dear AuburnBirmingham:

Thanks very much for taking the time to review our hotel; we’re glad to know you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments. We hope to serve you again the next time you are in the Grand Rapids area. As always, I remain...

At Your Service,
Kristi McWilliams

Reviewed October 14, 2011

My son and his family live nearby and so we take the grandchildren and escape for a few days each year. We have always received great rooms and service from from front desk to housekeeping. Nice pool and great breakfasts!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My friend & I stayed here on Friday, August 5th for one night. When I first checked into our room, the room smelled strange and I believed it to be the AC unit. I called downstairs and they immediately switched my room, offered to bring the new key to my room so I didn't have to carry my stuff back down and went with me to the new room to make sure I didn't have any issues with it. Regarding the first room, they agreed it smelled strange and told me that they would take it out of commission immediately to determine the issue.

I found that to be great customer service! Other than that minor issue, we had no problems with the room or hotel. Beds were comfortable, it was very quiet and the breakfast in the morning was the normal Hampton offering but I am okay with it. There was enough variety and healthy choices for me.

The price was right, the room was fine & as usual, I would stay at Hampton's and this particular Hampton again in the future. The front desk was friendly and accomodating both during the check-in & check-out process.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2011

This property is on my "list" because I know what I will get each/every time-nice room with a decent bed. Good breakfast and an excellent staff/service. You may even have the owner greet you-well, that has been a surprise!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband and I were visiting family and they recommended the Hampton Inn and it was perfect!. Very comfortable sleep and great extended breakfast. We would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyoming
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Express South
#21 of 49 in Grand Rapids
Holiday Inn Grand Rapids - Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids

Been to Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South? Share your experiences!