“Great lunch stop on a long road-trip.”

Monelli's Italian Grill and Sports Bar
Ranked #2 of 135 Restaurants in Wyoming
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I were fortunate to be able to have lunch together on a Friday afternoon while on a road trip downstate. Just off M-6 we remembered this great place (and were helpfully reminded of it by a billboard on Gezon Parkway!)

We had dined here previously for a dinner a few years ago. We were greeted in a friendly manner immediately upon entering. The hostess asked if we were going to have the buffet and knowing nothing about it said we’d never been there before. She graciously explained it was all-you-can-eat for $7.99 but we could also order off the menu. She suggested we walk up and take a peek at it before deciding. She gave us the option of dining room or bar (we chose bar) and then either a high-top or booth (we chose booth). We were only the fourth car in the parking lot at 11:30 AM, but by noon it was bustling. The bar was surprisingly dark for being such a bright day outside, but I’m guessing it was kept that way due to all of the TVs.

We checked out the buffet but decided it was heavier food than we wanted to eat. I was surprised it had ribs, chicken, vegetables, potatoes, as well as lighter salads and pizza. Our server was courteous and friendly revisiting the table several times throughout our meal. He took our drink order and returned for our appetizer order. My only real complaint was to the dish room – several of the utensils had crusty stuff on them as well as the top of the parmesan cheese shaker.

Our appetizer, the Portobello Crostini was amazing. It had thinly sliced portabella mushrooms with melted mozzarella cheese. It was artfully decorated with a thick balsamic reduction and sprinkled with fresh basil. This ranks up there as one of my favorite appetizers ever! The reduction was full of flavor and added so much not only in presentation, but taste as well.

I ordered a Pesto Panini and my husband got the 10” BLT Pizza. I was slightly underwhelmed with the Panini. I was expected thinly sliced chicken (as in deli-style) but it was more like strips (fajita-style) and I could hardly taste the pesto. The chicken was the primary flavor and it lacked any particular flavor. It was a huge serving and I took ½ of it home. It was served with chips (super crunchy) and a pickle. The pizza was excellent. The crust was light and crisp on the outside and nice and chewy on the inside. The bacon was crispy as the lettuce/tomato was nice and fresh. He took half of his home as well.

If we are in the area again, I would not hesitate to return.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We at dinner here on a Friday night, so we expected it would be busy. The Sports Bar side was crowded and loud; so we opted for the more casual dining side. There were two large groups in full swing - but service was excellent. They provided a nice Gluten Free menu; and our meals were delicious. Hoping they will soon discover the alternative pasta options available for GF diners. Our only complaint is with the acoustics on the casual dining side - it has cement floors and high ceilings - so it was LOUD and difficult to have a conversation within our booth. A loud man at the next table was the final straw; but that's certainly not the fault of the Monelli's. Good food, take your ear plugs!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Excellent food, moderate portions, but a little pricey. Nice place to go for a special night out. Waitstaff was very nice and attentive. Service was exemplary.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Lunch was awesome. Meatloaf roll and the Tuscany Sausage soup was phenominal.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was a little worried about the service when we arrived, it took 5 minutes to be seated. However our waitress was excellent. I loved that they had the bar area and dining area seperated since we had our kids with us. As everyone has mentioned the breadsticks are amazing! Along with the bread and butter they serve. The prices are a little steep, but worth it. I had the Alfredo w/ chicken and it was really yummy (and i'm very picky about my alfredo) My husband got the meatballs and they were really good. If you are into dessert you must try the Reeses Peanut Butter Pie, so yummy!