“Home away from home.”

Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wyoming
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks while doing some work at the hospital. There were alot of long hours and all I wanted was a nice place to come back and unwind. This was it. The front desk always greated you with a smile and hello, the maids kept my room in tip-top shape and the grounds were always clean. The breakfast was pretty good as well. There's nice food available from room service and there's drinks and snacks available for purchase at the front desk. It was a very nice stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

cswise86,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids. We appreciate you staying with us for two weeks, and we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you felt welcomed and well taken care of during your time with us. Good to know that you enjoyed the food and atmosphere as well. Should your work bring you back to our area, we hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I play massive multiplayer online games religiously, and my criterion for a hotel boils down to one thing: decent internet. By decent, I mean as good as you'd get with DSL or cable at home. Sadly, very few hotels deliver this. Mostly they purchase too little bandwidth, and so by the time you get online, it's the equivalent to getting on a 2 lane internet highway in New York City at rush hour - stalling, disconnecting, etc. Then you try to log onto your game with your teammates, and you all die horrible deaths over and over again for hours - all because YOU didn't have the foresight to get a decent signal lined up for the evening.

The Hyatt Place Grand Rapids South had mediocre wireless; I had troubles logging on and the lag fluctuated a lot. But I had asked for a room (#215) with a router, and lo and behold there was a hardwire outlet. I asked the hotel engineer for an ethernet cable and...oh...my. 8 ms lag, rock steady, for two whole days. Of course the server I connect to is in Chicago, so not very far away, but this is still incredible.

Room Tip: Roon 215 - great internet if you bring an ethernet cable (you can plug right in and you're next...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Pretre_Z,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to have had you as our guest, and we're pleased you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad we were able to provide ample internet speed for your gaming needs while staying with us! Should your travels bring you back to Grand Rapids, please stay with us again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

With 3 teenage boys, standard rooms have become a challenge when traveling. Our accommodations here with 2 double beds & L-shaped pull-out bed in the "living room" area made lounging & sleeping much more enjoyable for the night. Nice lobby with drinks & food items available upon a late night arrival was a plus. Free breakfast was a step up in both presentation & offerings compared to a Hampton. Staff was friendly & efficient. Good value for the rate we paid. Would definitely stay again when needing to stay in the Grand Rapids area.

• Stayed: December 2012

3sonsrgr8,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and writing a review about your experience with us at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids. We're glad to have had you and your boys stay with us, and we're pleased to know that you all enjoyed your visit. I'm glad your room provided comfortable sleeping arrangements for all, and I'm also glad to hear that you liked our complimentary breakfast. Should you return to Grand Rapids, please come and visit us again. We would enjoy it.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

not a bad hotel but the front desk service sucked.one very rude person made a nasty comment to another employee right in front of us.my wife described front desk people as cold fish,they also failed to clean our room during our stay

• Stayed: December 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

redwings2012,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Hyatt Place. While I'm glad to hear of your content with our hotel, I'm saddened to hear of your discontent with our staff. I apologize for any rudeness you encountered and can assure you that this is not our typical style of service. We will closely review your comments in our next staff meeting and make necessary improvements to our customer service skills. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope you and your wife will come and visit us again as we'd like to show you our excellence in service as you should have seen during your recent trip. We value having you as our guests and hope you'll return soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Late checking in, but still time to have a cocktail in small bar area. Couple college teams in the hotel, so my room was upgraded, as my reserved room was filled. Quiet, well insulated hotel. No noise from other guests or nearby highway. Room was clean and spacious, large flat screen TV, unfortunately remote was not working and it was too late to deal with. Large walk in shower, large towels. Adequate breakfast. No problems with checking in or out, nice overall experience, would definitely return without hesitation.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

LansingMark,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids. We're delighted to hear that you had a nice visit with us. We welcome you to come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Pros- Modern hotel. Rooms were big, clean, and quiet. Bed was comfortable.

Neutral- Hotel staff were okay- not overly friendly, but not rude. During the week, you can tell it is a "business-man" type of hotel. I only saw what appeared to be business travellers, no families (not saying this is good or bad, I just feel like I would have felt awkward bringing my family there to stay.)

Con- There are not many sit down restaurants in the area, most are fast food.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

BoilerUp2010,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you had a nice, comfortable stay with us, and hope you'll keep Hyatt Place as your hotel choice when traveling to Grand Rapids. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We travel to many states for business and pleasure. We stayed at the Hyatt at St. Louis, which was a wonderful experience and I booked it online.
This time at the Hyatt, Wyoming Michigan location, I am experiencing a very obtuse and unfriendly front desk clerk name Grace. My husband and my two boys are place in a king size bedroom instead of 2 double beds. she keep telling me that I booked it with the third part and I have no other choice,but to stay in the king size bed with a rolling bed. The other front desk clerks told me that they have plenty of rooms with double beds. But still Grace refuse to give me the room! It was getting late and I was tired, I told her that I want to talk to your manager. Later, the manger aproved for us to stay in 2 double beds. Grace was not the one helping me instead she was telling the other patron that I was at not right. I have gold passport member at the Hyatt. However, I was treated very poorly this time. I feel this Hyatt from Wyoming Michigan should not participate with the third party like priceline or others.... if they treat the customers this way. I can understand if all the double bed rooms are booked, but not when there is plenty double bed rooms left. Very disappointed experience at this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Hotelsforthekims,

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your business, and we're glad you chose to stay with us at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids. Firstly, I'm glad we were able to accommodate your family and provide a spacious and comfortable room. Secondly, I apologize if you feel you were received in a rude or unfriendly manner. This is certainly not our standard practice as we strive to provide friendly and helpful assistance to all of our guests. I assure you that your booking with a third party provider had nothing to do with your check in experience. Your comments will be taken under review. We can only hope this incident, in no way, will keep you from visiting us again. We have a great hotel and a wonderful staff so we hope you will plan another visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyoming
Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South
Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Comfort Suites South
Comfort Suites South
#17 of 49 in Grand Rapids

Been to Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South? Share your experiences!