“Family Friendly for 5”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Carmel, Indiana
“Family Friendly for 5”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

With 3 teenage boys, standard rooms have become a challenge when traveling. Our accommodations here with 2 double beds & L-shaped pull-out bed in the "living room" area made lounging & sleeping much more enjoyable for the night. Nice lobby with drinks & food items available upon a late night arrival was a plus. Free breakfast was a step up in both presentation & offerings compared to a Hampton. Staff was friendly & efficient. Good value for the rate we paid. Would definitely stay again when needing to stay in the Grand Rapids area.

• Stayed December 2012
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
3sonsrgr8,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and writing a review about your experience with us at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids. We're glad to have had you and your boys stay with us, and we're pleased to know that you all enjoyed your visit. I'm glad your room provided comfortable sleeping arrangements for all, and I'm also glad to hear that you liked our complimentary breakfast. Should you return to Grand Rapids, please come and visit us again. We would enjoy it.
Nick Fischioni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed December 9, 2012

not a bad hotel but the front desk service sucked.one very rude person made a nasty comment to another employee right in front of us.my wife described front desk people as cold fish,they also failed to clean our room during our stay

• Stayed December 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
redwings2012,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Hyatt Place. While I'm glad to hear of your content with our hotel, I'm saddened to hear of your discontent with our staff. I apologize for any rudeness you encountered and can assure you that this is not our typical style of service. We will closely review your comments in our next staff meeting and make necessary improvements to our customer service skills. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope you and your wife will come and visit us again as we'd like to show you our excellence in service as you should have seen during your recent trip. We value having you as our guests and hope you'll return soon.
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Late checking in, but still time to have a cocktail in small bar area. Couple college teams in the hotel, so my room was upgraded, as my reserved room was filled. Quiet, well insulated hotel. No noise from other guests or nearby highway. Room was clean and spacious, large flat screen TV, unfortunately remote was not working and it was too late to deal with. Large walk in shower, large towels. Adequate breakfast. No problems with checking in or out, nice overall experience, would definitely return without hesitation.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
LansingMark,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids. We're delighted to hear that you had a nice visit with us. We welcome you to come and visit us again soon.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Pros- Modern hotel. Rooms were big, clean, and quiet. Bed was comfortable.

Neutral- Hotel staff were okay- not overly friendly, but not rude. During the week, you can tell it is a "business-man" type of hotel. I only saw what appeared to be business travellers, no families (not saying this is good or bad, I just feel like I would have felt awkward bringing my family there to stay.)

Con- There are not many sit down restaurants in the area, most are fast food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
BoilerUp2010,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you had a nice, comfortable stay with us, and hope you'll keep Hyatt Place as your hotel choice when traveling to Grand Rapids. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We travel to many states for business and pleasure. We stayed at the Hyatt at St. Louis, which was a wonderful experience and I booked it online.
This time at the Hyatt, Wyoming Michigan location, I am experiencing a very obtuse and unfriendly front desk clerk name Grace. My husband and my two boys are place in a king size bedroom instead of 2 double beds. she keep telling me that I booked it with the third part and I have no other choice,but to stay in the king size bed with a rolling bed. The other front desk clerks told me that they have plenty of rooms with double beds. But still Grace refuse to give me the room! It was getting late and I was tired, I told her that I want to talk to your manager. Later, the manger aproved for us to stay in 2 double beds. Grace was not the one helping me instead she was telling the other patron that I was at not right. I have gold passport member at the Hyatt. However, I was treated very poorly this time. I feel this Hyatt from Wyoming Michigan should not participate with the third party like priceline or others.... if they treat the customers this way. I can understand if all the double bed rooms are booked, but not when there is plenty double bed rooms left. Very disappointed experience at this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hotelsforthekims,

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your business, and we're glad you chose to stay with us at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids. Firstly, I'm glad we were able to accommodate your family and provide a spacious and comfortable room. Secondly, I apologize if you feel you were received in a rude or unfriendly manner. This is certainly not our standard practice as we strive to provide friendly and helpful assistance to all of our guests. I assure you that your booking with a third party provider had nothing to do with your check in experience. Your comments will be taken under review. We can only hope this incident, in no way, will keep you from visiting us again. We have a great hotel and a wonderful staff so we hope you will plan another visit.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great modern room. Clean. Friendly hotel staff. Allowed me a late checkout for free (even though I am not a Hyatt Gold plus member). Exactly what I expected and needed. Fitness room was good enough (two treadmills, climbing machine, bike, and weights.)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Mordechai G,

Thank you for writing a review. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you liked our modern, clean rooms and found our staff friendly and helpful. It's good to know we were able to accommodate your late checkout and assist in making your visit with us a positive one. Please come and see us again soon.
Kansas City
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a fairly new Hyatt Place, located between two hospitals. There are no food options within immediate walking distance. But a short drive from chains and a starbucks.

The room was clean and consistant with Hyatt Place across the country.

This hotel appears to be the only hotel at this exit, so it is pretty visible from the freeway.

Bonus:
Indoor Pool
Larger Workout Room
Free Weights in Workout Room
Near Local Mall (within 2 miles)

Negatives
Not many tables for dining
No happy hour

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Mac_Maximum,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay at Hyatt Place and enjoyed your visit. Please come and see us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyoming
Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South
Holiday Inn Express South
Holiday Inn Express South
#20 of 48 in Grand Rapids
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids SW/Byron Center

Been to Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South? Share your experiences!