“Great experience”

Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wyoming
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great modern room. Clean. Friendly hotel staff. Allowed me a late checkout for free (even though I am not a Hyatt Gold plus member). Exactly what I expected and needed. Fitness room was good enough (two treadmills, climbing machine, bike, and weights.)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Mordechai G,

Thank you for writing a review. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you liked our modern, clean rooms and found our staff friendly and helpful. It's good to know we were able to accommodate your late checkout and assist in making your visit with us a positive one. Please come and see us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a fairly new Hyatt Place, located between two hospitals. There are no food options within immediate walking distance. But a short drive from chains and a starbucks.

The room was clean and consistant with Hyatt Place across the country.

This hotel appears to be the only hotel at this exit, so it is pretty visible from the freeway.

Bonus:
Indoor Pool
Larger Workout Room
Free Weights in Workout Room
Near Local Mall (within 2 miles)

Negatives
Not many tables for dining
No happy hour

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Mac_Maximum,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay at Hyatt Place and enjoyed your visit. Please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed while visiting my daughter at Grand Valley which was about 15-20 minutes away. Very clean & modern hotel conveniently located off of the highway. Our room was great, nice sofa with huge swivel flat screen tv. The shower pressure wasn't the greatest but the towels made up for it - they were soooo soft! The only negative was our towels weren't replaced when the room was cleaned & my coffee cup was placed upside down in the coffee maker still dirty, it was not cleaned or replaced.The staff was very friendly & accommodating. The free breakfast was good & the workout area & pool seemed very nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Sheri L,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you chose to stay with us while visiting your daughter. I'm glad you liked our hotel and found our staff friendly and helpful. I apologize for the housekeeping services not meeting our typical HYATT standards of service. We'll review your comments in our next staff meeting with the intent to implement improvements or changes as necessary. We welcome you to come and stay with us again the next time you visit Grand Rapids.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very nice and trendy hotel with a superfriendly staff and very nice, clean rooms with a huge lcd-tv and everything you'll need. They also serve an excellent free breakfast. Their rates are very affordable. I would rate this as a 3,5-4 star hotel!
We liked it soo much, we booked another Hyatt Place in Indianapolis, which had an even better deal!
However they didn't give us our Starwoodspoints, even after calling from Indianapolis, the points are still not in my account.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lelici49
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

lelici49,
Thank you for your kind review. I'm delighted to receive such wonderful compliments about our facility and staff. We hope we've made you a Hyatt Place fan, and we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

nice hotel, like all hyatt hotels.We had a nice clean room, comfortable bed, large tv, sofa with fold out bed, desk, wifi. The breakfast was very crowded, and they ran out of coffee, fruit and everything else it seemed the minute I approached the buffet. They did replenish it, but I had to wait and jockey around the crowd. Our friends (that also had a room there), did not have maid service clean their room, even though we were gone all day, and they had no sign on their door. When we asked about it, they said the one maid had called in sick,and offered him hyatt points to placate him. Our room was serviced. We were attending artprize (wonderful!!), and this is about 6 miles away (15 minute drive). We tried to take the bus (rapid) downtown, and had a 45 minute ride from the nearby meijers to the event artprize. I'd recommend driving downtown, and paying for parking ($10 or so for the day). It would have been worth it, and we wouldn't have had to worry about the schedule getting back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

lilalubean,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business, and we're glad you chose Hyatt Place Grand Rapids. I'm glad you liked our clean rooms and comfortable beds. I apologize for the delay in getting the breakfast buffet restocked. Our staff tries to keep up with the crowd as best as they can and make sure everything is available to our guests as quickly as possible. I apologize for your friend's room not being serviced as well. There was an unexpected change in the housekeeping service which caused this to happen. We hope these items will not in any way dimenish your fondness for our hotel, and invite you and your friends to come and stay with us again for next year's ArtPrize.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was a great place to stay for our first night of our vacation. We were doing a road trip. I wish we could have stayed here all week long! The room was amazing (just a basic room), great looking hotel, very modern, amazing free breakfast!!!! I would have loved to stay here all week! The staff were super nice and friendly! It looks like it is a new area as well that is still developing.

Room Tip: Be hungry for breakfast great food! And the staff are super nice!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights last weekend. It was an ok location, next time I would pick something closer to Grand Rapids. We tried to check in one hour early as we had two children with us who desperately needed naps. We were told that there were no clean rooms available. My mom even told the front desk that we would take any available room configuration. The woman told her "you didn't make your reservation with us so we can't help you". Really poor customer service.

The rooms were spacious and the beds were fine. The bathroom was ridiculously small, to the point where you almost couldn't get into the bathroom and get the door shut. The fridge in the room had been turned off to save energy and the smell about knocked me over when I opened it.

The breakfast was possibly the worst hotel breakfast we have ever had. The first problem was that the girls working the front desk were also working the breakfast room. They just couldn't keep up. Everything was empty. The "egg mcmuffins" or whatever they were supposed to be were not edible. Thank goodness for frosted flakes.

Would I stay there again? Maybe, but you couldn't pay me to eat that breakfast again!

• Stayed: August 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

mygavin03,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us while visiting the Grand Rapids area. We strive to provide exceptional service to our guests so I apologize that our high standards of Hyatt Place were not met during your stay. I will take all of your comments to our staff and discuss each one with them in our next staff meeting. I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention, and assure you we would most certainly like to have you and your family come and stay with us again for a more positive experience.

Best regards,
Nick Fischioni, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyoming
Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South
#3 of 48 in Grand Rapids
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids SW/Byron Center
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Grand Rapids West

Been to Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South? Share your experiences!