“Clean and quiet”

Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wyoming
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Got it on special rate for a wedding. Room was clean and quiet. Very spacious. I liked the suite lay-out: small office, bar, big couch and soft bed.
I didn't have any trouble connecting to the wi-fi.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 21, 2011

My fiance and I stayed here for 2 nights. We loved it. The room was clean, and had no stale smokey smell like most rooms do these days. This was our first hotel out of 3 on our Road trip from New Jersey.. I immediately passed out on the couch which was very comfortable for a hotel room. The bed was really comfortable. The hospitality was great, we were greeted immediately as we walked in the door. The television was huge and cable seemed like a luxury for us (we don't have cable at home). The only downside was when the light would turn off in the bathroom.. But that was minor. The location was great. We were able to travel to and from Holland with no issues. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karpants
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My stay here started bad and only got worse. When I first entered the room, I noticed that every surface and the couch were covered in dust. The bathroom had hairs, pubic and otherwise, strewn about the floor. The shower had low water pressure. The bathroom had a motion-activated light, so every time I got in the shower the light would turn off. When I called the front desk to request more washcloths and soap, I had to go down and get them myself. It took a while for the temperature in the room to change after I adjusted the thermostat. On the last morning of my stay, someone tried to enter my room twice even though I had put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign. And the final shocker was being charged almost $90 for four one- to two-minute long-distance calls.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We love Hyatt Place and stay whenever we can. This Hyatt was excellent in all regards with the exception of the breakfast. The only hot option was an English muffin with a cold egg on it. That was disappointing, but the visit was fine overall.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Misselle44
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Staff was friendly. The place looked clean and new. Disturbed to have killed a cockroach in the bathroom after breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank almke
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This an easy drive into downtown Grand Rapids so don't be put off by the "Wyoming" location.

Our room was bright and well decorated with lots of space. The best television selection I can recall. After a long day of roaming through the city and the great neighborhoods of Grand Rapids, it was good just to settle into a "pay-per-view" which was actually very recent.

There is food available ... sandwiches, light salads ... if you are looking for a fancy dinner ... it's not here. But it's just fine.

There is free internet, parking, pool, fitness center and buffet breakfast.

The cheery young staff was terrific.

Just wish Hyatt would build more of these properties. We drive about 30,000 miles each year throughout the US ... and they are hard to find.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DandMtraveling
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is a beautiful new hotel, very modern and clean. Stayed 4 days with my 2 kids visiting family. This hotel was fabulous for us because it has the beds separated from the living area with a half divider. We could entertain visiting friends in our room without feeling like they were in our bedroom. I could also put the kids to bed and work at the desk or relax on the corner couch until bedtime. Exceptionally friendly front desk staff. Lovely small pool with attached outdoor patio. This is a small pool area but was perfect for swimming without a million kids running around. (I visit Grand Rapids yearly and it is very common to encounter the "pool birthday party" at hotels where people rent a room then invite 6 - 12 kids to a party.) This pool is too small for that to be a factor at this hotel. Breakfast was delicious with different hot items that changed daily. I plan to make this our new "go to" hotel for Grand Rapids family visits. The only issue with this hotel is that it is near the highway so you will get a bit of highway noise when the air conditioner is not running. Perhaps this would be better if your room was on the other side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the non-highway side of the hotel.