Soar Mill Cove Hotel
$250
$436
$380
The Cottage Hotel(Hope Cove)
$181
$219
$213
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmakepeace familysun loungerssea viewcream teaindoor poolsalt waterleisure facilitiesstunning locationpatio doorsnothing is too much troublefillet steakrelaxing breakspa treatmentsself cateringlounge areacoastal walknational trust
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We so loved this hotel - we use lots of hotels for business and pleasure and we all felt this was the nicest hotel we had ever been to. It isn't big, it is not ostentatious but it delivers exceptional customer service in a truly stunning location. It feels really special to be greeted by name by the duty manager as you walk through the door. The owner walked around in the evening and welcomed each group personally and checked they were happy.
We used the self catering apartments and think these were the very best of both worlds - the hotel facilties (good restaurant, pool and sauna, coffee bar/cafe, DVD libraby, games room and play areas) with the privacy and space of good self catering. Plus the apartments had the best views and a private hot tub. So relaxing to be sipping champagne (in the plastic flutes provided for this purpose) on a November evening watching the sun go down on the remote cove. We absolutely loved it and if we wanted perfection all we would add would be softer side lighting in the sitting area of the apartment and maybe warmer lighting in the restaurant. But that is only if we were being really, really picky. We all slept so well in huge beds with good, dark, curtains at the windows and absolute silence apart from the odd sheep.

Room Tip: The master suite at Ocean View 2 is something else altogether. We were tempted to sit all day in bed drinking tea and looking at the view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TerriSChichester
Keith Makepeace, Manager at Soar Mill Cove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

I’m delighted that you was made to feel so welcome! Ocean Views have been a huge success since opening, ideally located to make the most of our beautiful views. Self-catering seems to be getting more popular by day, of course having our beautiful hotel on site gives you the best of both worlds. Sunsets are always at their best in November, for which I have seen many; I just hope that you don’t leave it to long to experience it again.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We saw this Hotel advertised on "Secret Escapes" and within seven days we were there - for our 2 day break - dinner bed and breakfast.
For November, we enjoyed weather that was par for the course - one very wet day and two fine with some sun! So we were able to enjoy the fantastic location, both the little cove which only took a 15 mins stroll even with my limited 75 year old mobility, and the host of other coves, beaches and beautiful seaside resorts that abound! (not to mention the glorious National Trust land that makes up this coastal footpath region).
So 100% for Location - location - location!
Were we treated as second class citizens (guests) because we had booked a bargain break on "Secret Escapes"? Just the opposite - I have to say that we were treated royally. This is a lovely hotel, serving great food, with a unique view. An excellent break! Thankyou.

Room Tip: Sea view was to die for.....
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith Makepeace, Manager at Soar Mill Cove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your stay! We pride ourselves on making sure our guests are treated as equals, ensuring that everyone staying at the Soar Mill Cove Hotel, has the holiday they truly deserve.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Picked this up through secret escapes, and to be honest we were not sure what to expect. Whatever expectation we had was more than surpassed. Location is beautiful, and the hotel is superb. Friendly team with great cooking. My wife was very impressed with the standards and felt they were the best she had seen. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the Hotel had a relaxed air about it. The pool was perfectly adequate but again, did I mention that the food was divine.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and leaving this wonderful review. There is nothing better than reading that we have “surpassed your expectations”, after all we have just as high expectations of ourselves. I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Brilliant location for walking the coastal footpath a short walk from Soar Mill Cove. Really, really good food with great views to the sea from the dining room. Excellent, friendly, helpful staff. Lovely large room with a wonderful sea view and a good sized seating area. We had a great weekend and plan to go again.

Room Tip: Definite choose a sea view. It's worth the extra.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith Makepeace, Manager at Soar Mill Cove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

I’m delighted that you had such an enjoyable weekend break! Thank you so much for taking the time and leaving such a wonderful review. Hopefully you can enjoy many weekend breaks here at Soar Mill Cove Hotel!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I haven’t written a review in a while, but this hotel deserves a mention.

The staff are certainly their strongest asset – they all go out of their way to make you feel welcomed, comfortable and looked after. I was personally welcomed by every member of the front of house team (including the gorgeous Labrador!) in such a friendly manner – which was lovely after such a long journey. Throughout my stay, every member of staff went out of their way to ensure I was happy – really 5* service.

My room (Rosemary Rose) was fantastic, at least 3 times the size of your average hotel room, furnished beautifully and with everything that you would need for a comfortable stay.

The location is breathtaking, with a little beach just a short stroll from the front door (I ran down in the almost-darkness when I arrived and it was still beautiful!) It feels like you’re in the middle of no-where, although the hotel is very well situated for exploring the surrounding area.

The food… oh yum, where do I start? It really deserves a review of it’s own and I truly hope the restaurant is fully booked at weekends and Summer months, because it deserves to be! The dishes I selected were served in innovative and delicious ways, not out of place in a Michelin star kitchen. The restaurant itself is lovely, spacious and completely glass fronted looking out onto the landscape, I also liked that even though I was dining alone they didn’t stick me on a miserable table in the corner as so many places often do (incidentally, they also offer room service – but the food sounded too good to eat from a tray!) Breakfast was also fantastic, with a great choice to suit all.

I guess my only small niggle was that it would be nice if there was Wi-fi access in the guest rooms. There was zero mobile phone signal or 3G access in the area (which might be a blessing if you are travelling for leisure!!) so you were rather cut off from the outside world without the internet. They do offer Wi-fi in the bar and reception – and it’s a warm and inviting space to use, so it’s really not a huge issue – but sometimes it is nice to relax in the privacy of your own room.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay - I was only sorry I was staying on a business trip – I will most definitely be back, next time with my fiancé (and our dog!!) and hope to make full use of this beautiful hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Keith Makepeace, Manager at Soar Mill Cove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

What a stunning review! We all take such pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay. The staff are core to making our hotel a fabulous place to stay, always offering service with a smile. Rosemary Rose is a lovely room, we are so very lucky to offer 22 bedrooms all of a good size with comfortable king or queen size beds. Due to our location WIFI is often a struggle, having to convert to a satellite method of broadband, rather than more conventional methods, we do however hope to expand this throughout the hotel in the near future. I hope that we can welcome you back soon; Farley loves to see familiar faces.