“corfu senses resort tracey w”

Corfu Senses Resort
Reviewed July 12, 2012

would go back next year holidays what you make it yes the rooms are small but the staff are so nice , i had a little moan about no toaster at break fast so the manager went out a bought a toaster for me , nothink was to much trouble its very quite so if you want loud music and party all night this isnt the place to come but my self ans my partner had so much fun go and make your own mind up but im def going back the view 5***********

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank traceywhitefoot

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel has good and bad points, but I think the bad outweigh the good and I certainly wouldn't go back or recommend it to anyone else.

THE BAD POINTS

Air conditioning:
The air conditioning worked intermittently for the first 3 days; I complained every day and finally, once I had got the manager to come up and feel the heat in the room, it magically went on and stayed on. Conclusion? I honestly think they were trying to save money by turning it off. They also told me it had to be turned off during the night to let fresh air circulate through the room. I find this highly dubious but I'm not an air con engineer.

The music:
From 1030 every morning your ears will be assaulted by very very loud music around the entire pool area. It is truly hideous and was the main reason we tried to escape every day. I did complain but was told this was not something they were willing to change. I like a little gentle music, at a reasonable volume, but this was really offensive. At 10 Euros each way to the best local beach I spent a fortune on taxis.

The drinks:
Orange squash not juice so no fresh juice at all for a week. Not good.

THE GOOD POINTS

The location:
The hotel is located right on the most beautiful shore-line. The water is crystal clear and I swam in it every day. Yes there is a rather dodgy looking pipe coming out from the hotel into the sea but I can only think that it goes miles out to sea as there certainly wasn't any evidence of it's contents.

The Food:
I was really pleasantly surprised by the food. It was always tasty, plentiful and a offered a wide variety of cuisines. I lived on the greek salad and tatziki every day. The bread was freshly baked and was quite delicious.

The Drinks:
I loved the white wine! I must have very cheap tastes! Apparently the beer was very drinkable too. Also great to be able to get iced fizzy and still water all the time.

The Staff:
Finola, the receptionist, could not have been more helpful, as was Jaqueline. I felt sorry for them having to run a continual gauntlet of complaints, which were obviously not their fault.

Messonghi:
Yes, this is one of the good reasons for coming here, because it gave us the chance to discover the beautifu Messonghi beach. A small and stunning beach village with multiple restaurants and bars. I will definitely coming back to stay in Messonghi, but not at the Corfu Senses Resort Hotel.

Conclusion:
A budget all-inclusive hotel catering to a large proportion of Polish/Russian/Serbian guests, it is nearly ok, but not good enough. There are signs of wear and tear everywhere, especialy around the pool area, and I fear the accident's will only increase if they are not attended to soon. Having read previous reports from its days as the Mare Monte it bears little resemblence to those descriptions, it has tried to lift its game and has tried hard, but for this traveller it's a 'no' to a recommendation or a return trip

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay 40 euros in cash to transfer to a 'sea view' room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Louise B
Reviewed July 6, 2012

when i booked online it said, there was loads of shops and choice of tavernas in walking distance, pictures looked good so we booked,

me and my partner arrived at 2am dropped on a bend on the road with no lighting and had to walk down a slope, when we arrived we didn't see much straight away, but when we woke in the morning i was gutted, the place smells so bad every thing needs replacing the air con broke on the 2nd day and we moved to another room and the toilet was backing up and finally we were moved to are third room with no problems except the solid bed, ridiculously small bathroom , u bash ur knees on the sink when on the loo u have a tray to stand in for a shower the shower curtain is not long enough so ur bathroom fills up with water and of course the drain in the floor is blocked.

the food was ok for the first week but as u can guess its the same the second week, breakfast is minging its the same every morning, the bbq food is not cooked properly either and the chicken is undercooked.

all the soft drinks are cheap tasting, i wasn't expecting the ritz but its cheap cola and squash the beer is horriable the wine is like paint stripper, so we went to find all these so called tavernas and shops, there are two shops the staff are very friendly and its very cheap and there is only two tavernas, every one appears to like the second one and the woman running the first taverna shouts at you whilst you walk past because you are not going into her taverna, there is no path to walk on you have to walk on the road with the crazy drivers and a really dangerous blind spot were they coming whizzing round, the beach is beautiful needs a tidy up and maybe the sewage pipe removing from the SEA as u walk in, the wasps,bees,spiders and hornet's are annoying, the staff are polite and helpful except the manager who is miserable.

the grating around the pool is dangerous my partner fell through it on are first day and cut his leg open really bad, the hotel called a doctor and paid for him to visit both days to clean it up, and im still on this holiday now and they still have not replaced any of it!!!!

other holiday makers were sold this as a 5 star hotel and no children, so u can imagine when they arrived they were not happy, this hotel is suitable if u just want a place to sleep, but id advise not to come here, its boring nothing to do smelly and not the cleanest, i cant wait to go home in 3days

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank samantha m
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My partner and I went to this hotel in September last year and hated every second of it. Not sure how this hotel can still be open.

Before I begin, I must say that we are both in our 30’s and go on holiday about twice a year. We have travelled all boards and lots of countries. We have a motto that a holiday is ‘what you make it’, but we could never had made this into a holiday. We very rarely complain and can eat almost anything, we're not fussy at all.

When we arrived we were dropped off on a dark windy country road about midnight and we were allowed one drink before bed.
Looking forward to our nice relaxing break we went to go for breakfast, which consisted of bread or little sausages and not a lot else, we put this down to being late for breakfast and had missed out. We then went to get on a sun lounger; we had obviously missed out on them too so sat on chairs for the day. Lunch was ok, salad, bread and (fatty) meat. Dinner was exactly the same as lunch; Cold fatty meats, little fish (still with eyes) and very little salad. Everything that was offered was cold and greasy. There was also a leak in the restaurant that dripped everything you fetched a drink, we weren’t sure what it was that was dripping but it dripped straight into your drink. The staff put down cardboard to prevent slips, but the cardboard got that wet, it obviously became slippy itself. The first thing you first notice about the restaurant is the atmosphere…people were eating because they had to and it was as simple as that.
My partner developed gastroenteritis whilst here as did another couple we spoke to. The doctor advised my partner to eat rice and grilled chicken ONLY! There was no sign of either of these at this hotel. My partner had severe diahorrea, fever, shivers, pale, sunken eyes, stomach cramps, aching kidneys and aching body through the day and night!!!! (Not a nice experience to be in or watch) He was ill for 4-5 weeks after our holiday too!

The room itself was not too bad, the beds were ok. The shower needed fixing as it was literally just a hose at knee level. We had to adapt this by using a hair bobble.

The wasps are a nightmare and not being looked into as the bar staff were just working round them. The hotel needs to have pest control in for a day.

The men behind the reception was arrogant and didn’t listen to you, as I fell out with him on one particular night as I complained about the quality of food.

Safes are downstairs in the reception.
No entertainment at all!

Nearest bar/shop 10 mins drive away.

We complained about the quality of the hotel to the management and within an hour she had transferred us to another hotel.
We moved to another hotel on Day 4 and spent our last three days happy! Once we had moved, we bumped into the majority of people that had stayed at Mare Monte and also had been moved.
DO NOT TAKE CHILDREN!!
Would not leave my dog here…shut this hotel down!!! 

Room Tip: Just don't go...if you have to go, take diahorrea tablets, diralyte, immodiam, wasp/bee sting cr...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rachael D
SK R, Owner at Corfu Senses Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear sir,

We are really sorry for your experience in our hotel. Let us please assure that we took into consideartion you comments and will take actions in regards to these issues. Meanwhile we would like to invite you in our hotel again to see the improvements. Please let us know via email if you would like to accept our invitation to give you exclusive rates and exceptional service.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Went in 2009 staff had not being payed for 2 month so were not too happy.My wife & I
have 3 or 4 holidays abroad each year so lt was not travesty.The food was terrible,The
drinks were very cheap brandy or vodka or warm larger ,Had most of my meals at a nice
place a mile down the road .You may be wondering why i am writing this review now I JUST
CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW IT IS STILL OPEN, By the way massive problem with WASPS

Room Tip: Don"t go
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stephen b
SK R, Manager at Corfu Senses Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Sir,

We would like to invite you again in our hotel to see the crucial improvements in comparison to 2009. Corfu Senses Resort has been taken over by the management company and we believe since that moment the quality of service and food has changed. If you would like to accept our invitation please let us know directly via email and we will give you a special rate.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Not worth the money at all!!! Journey to the hotel was really bad, we paid for our transfer when booking and on arrival we had to wait for an hour and half for the coach to fill up before we can go anywhere. Everyone that was in the coach was not going to the same place so it took us 30mins to get there. At arrival, our room was not ready and the staff were not helpful as she just told us to go to the bar and have drinks, but we had all our luggage with us and we asked if we can leave it somewhere safe as it was dinner time and we were starving!! she said ok after speaking to someone about it, by the time she got back to us the dinner buffet was nearly empty, so we had bread and butter and some greek salad for dinner!!! which was annoying as we were really hungry and very tired. Then we went to the reception to enquire about our room.

Rooms were not that good, cracked walls, bed side lights falling off the wall. Bed was as hard as ROCK!!! No air con, was not working for most of our time there!! If you open the balcony door you end up with mosquitoes and some other flying insects we never seen before. Breakfast was limited and same goes for lunch and dinner. Free alcohol was from midday until 11pm:(:( When we booked it, it was all inclusive and me and my friend were so happy about not having to pay extra money on cocktails:(:(:(

The dinning roof was leaking as you go to get yourself a drink you find a big whole on the roof and was leaking water, the staffs put cardboard's on the floor to absorb the water but it was just a big mess and slippery!!!

The hotel had a beach but its not clean had so much leaves and algae and it was not sandy beach, it was more of pebbles than sandy beach. Night life in the hotel was boring and going to the city was a mission as you have to wait for the busses with no sign directing you were you want to go.
So all in all it was not worth the money at all!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Adunia,

We are very sorry for your terrible experience at Corfu Senses Resort. Let us please reasure you that we take into consideration every single comment and making improvements step by step to meet expectations of our guests as soon as possible.

We are trying to focus on guests satisfaction and it's very dissapointed that we were not able to provide you room in time. We will improve this issue as the most important aim. Unfortunatelly we are not able to change the schedule of public busses but we always suggest our guests to use taxi to the nearest village to have a good outing time as it costs not so much - around 10 euros.

Let us please point out that the hotel has been taken over only 2 years ago from the previous owners and we faced some issues which we are improving step by step. If you would like to come to our hotel again to check the new improvements please let us know directly via e-mail and we will provide you room in time and grant you exclusive rate.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

What a dive really a horrible hotel and rubbish food, not good if u have kids, hotel it a good location though.

• Stayed: July 2011
#14 of 17 in Benitses
Aurora Hotel
Aurora Hotel
#3 of 5 in Agios Ioannis Peristeron

Been to Corfu Senses Resort? Share your experiences!