“Good room for improvement”
Review of Polonus Restaurant

Polonus Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 79 Restaurants in Wyandotte
Cuisines: American, Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Service is still hit or miss. We didnt wait long but the server wasnt happy very dry personality no pep in her step. Not very verbal no smile.
Prices have increased and portion sizes have decreassed.
City chicken will not come with gravy. Mine was dry. Mashed potatoes were fake with a small amount of gravy.
Potato pancake and pierogi were good. Dill soup was good.
The plastic cafeteria style plates were odd.
The place is clean.
Wine was served in a tiny 6 oz glass.
Bread basket was no better than a cony place. Dull why not fresh rye?
Decore good. Polish music plays over system.

1  Thank Barb K

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Good food, nice clean restaurant. The potato pancakes were my favorite. Comparable to polish restaurants in Hamtramck.

2  Thank Aunttela
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a cute little family-style restaurant, not fancy but nice and cozy. Though the decor is a little dated perhaps, our food was just outstanding. The stuffed cabbage and pierogis were excellent, and I loved the cucumber salad. The prices were just right. I am looking forward to eating at this restaurant again! Wish it were closer!

1  Thank MichiganMelissa04
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Authentic Polish fare. Excellent value! Order the Pole Feast, it is huge and gives a great variety of Polish items.

1  Thank Denise_D07
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was born and raised in Wyandotte. I haven't lived there in 13+ years, but one of my fondest memories is of going to Polonus with my family. My parents still live in Wyandotte, and I try to visit Polonus every time I visit them, when possible. I just love this place.

The decor is so quaint, and you really feel like you're dining someplace authentic. My favorite things to eat here are: kluski (a.k.a. dumplings), cucumber salad, city chicken, potato pancakes, and pierogies (cheese and potato are the best). Side salads, soup, pork chops, meatballs, and crepes are also delicious. In the many times that I've been here since I was a child, I've NEVER had anything less than a completely satisfying and delicious meal. I think my heart would break if this place ever closed. I LOVE POLONUS!!!!

1  Thank Sarah Z