“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Detroit, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Since reopening after closing last summer, the place has gone downhill. Their website say's "CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OUR TOP PRIORITY". I had to laugh. Ordered a burger with pepper jack cheese and got a burger with no cheese. Showed the waitress that the burger had no cheese. The waitress said, "I'm sorry. I did have pepper jack cheese on the ticket. I'll take that back and have them make another." Since I had taken 3-4 bites, I said, "That's ok. Just deduct the .25 for the cheese." She went back and told the female cook (who is also the owner). The waitress returned and said the owner told her she put cheese on my burger and not to deduct the .25. I told the waitress to go ahead and take my burger back. She said, "The owner said she is cooking and doesn't have time to look at your burger." Huh?? I felt so bad for the waitress as she knew there was no cheese on my burger and she couldn't resolve the problem. Needless to say we won't be going back again. So much for customer service. I guess the owner thought it was better to lose 4 customer's (was there with friends who said "never again" to going back) rather than put the cheese on the burger or deduct 25 cents. UNBELIEVABLE.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank DIANE_HOLYSCREAM

Michigan
“Best Perch anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

The Speedboat closed temporarily, much to the dismay of hoards of regular customers. Tried many other local establishments..some were okay, but none measured up to the Speedboat. We finally had a chance to return this past Friday. Much to our delight, it was very much the same. The perch is delicately battered and fried and always tastes delectable. The fries are thin and nicely prepared...ask for the seasoned salt! Sadly, a couple of the long-time waitstaff didn't return.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank retired04Michigan
Downriver
“Good food, bad service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2009

After 20some years of going to this bar for chili and bar fare, I just cant go back. While it seems they may be trying, the staff seems inconsiderate and not in touch with customers needs. I would think in this economy, an establishment such as this would hire staff that wants to keep the tradition of the bar/restaurant intact. The waitress seemed like she was miserable and could not have been less cheerful. Menu said: salad or coleslaw and to our surprise, we were told that the salad was not a small dinner salad but a "mini salad." It amounted to the equivalent of about the amount of lettuce on a Big Mac. It must have been her choice as this has not been the policy in the past. Perhaps they were short on lettuce? In any case, there are plenty of places wanting business in this area and they show it. This is not one of them. If your hungry, pass on this place.

redford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“their fish dinners are the best. also breakfast. six stars.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

Enjoy their Fish dinners are the best tasting .We have their breakfast pancakes (bananas) give this resturant six stars.....

1 Thank teska
Wyandotte
“Great little Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2009

I had nothing but good service and great food at the speed boat .
I didnt expect my food out so fast being its a bar not a Resturant and with 2 cooks
and the place was packed it was friday itsthe best fish fry around the downriver area
it came out fast .And did I say Karaoke wow It was all good The place downriver
and the new owners did a great Job cleaned the place up real nice .