“The pizza is delicious”

Frank's Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #19 of 77 Restaurants in Wyandotte
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were visiting family and decided to go to Frank's for pizza. We enjoyed it as kids and still enjoy it now. The pizzas were so good and the service was great. Would go back next time we are in town.

1  Thank rsb80

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I used to think this was among the best pizza anywhere. We went Friday night at about 8pm on a Third Friday. The restaurant was busy but there was no line of people waiting to be seated. The server was very good although he was hopping.

We ordered a salad which was as I remembered. Then our extra large pizza arrived. It was as though the bottom cooked but the top did not. It looked like an albino pizza. Normally, their pizzas are dark and bubbly on top, this looked pale and tired. Not a whole lot of toppings either. Both the pepperoni and green peppers were sparse.

The bottled beer was cold and the young male server was very attentive. I feel so sorry and disappointed about the pizza. I am to sure I will be back.

1  Thank asalesky
Reviewed December 3, 2012

They don't take credit or checks. Refreshing; the prices are reasonable. The pizzas are hand tossed and bake in stone oven. The sauce is sweet and tasty. It's a family place and jewl in downtown wyandotte and even has a wishing fountain. Typlical italian decor but a local favorite. Always a good crownd.

2  Thank sandy c
Reviewed November 11, 2012

A diamond in the rough. Small, family owned restaurant since the 50's. I'm 49 yrs. old and have been going to Frank's since I was a baby, (thanks to my parents). Frank's is a gold mine. Always packed, even on weekdays. (closed Mondays) The only thing is the service is a little slow, but not that bad. The wait for your food is well worth it. Their pizza is awesome! Only round, thin crust here. The sauce is slightly spicy and the spicy pepperoni is thicker than the usual paper thin pepperoni at some places. If you don't want pizza, thay also have other italian meals on the menu like spagetti, lasagna, etc... Located on Biddle Ave., ( which is really W. Jefferson, but called Biddle in downtown Wyandotte) there is much more to do after you finish off a hot saucy Frank's pizza.

4  Thank Michael C
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I almost didn't go after reading some of the reviews on here. However with my arm bent I went with the family. Keep in mind I am a pias pizza fan in Taylor so I went in looking for anything wrong I could. First off let me start with the building itself. The place is small and tables are close to each other but once we sat down we had enough room. My biggest concern was other reviews saying the service was bad but to my surprise our waiter was Johnny on the spot with drinks and taking our order. Now let me tell you what I found wrong in my view. We ordered the extra large pizza half and half. The pizza was the smallest extra large I had ever seen and while I would say the taste was just above average it was better than most corner pizza places. So this review is long enough so I will end by saying I would go back again if I was in the area but for me Pias Pizza in Taylor is still my number 1.

1  Thank flatfoot1067