“Love this place in my hometown!”

Gregorio's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 75 Restaurants in Wyandotte
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Chicago, Illinois
“Love this place in my hometown!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I went here in December with my husband, parents, and brother. All of the Christmas decor was up, which made the place even more cozy and adorable than usual.

The food is excellent home-style Italian. The bread and house salad to start with are delicious. I ordered spaghetti in meat sauce with a meatball on the side - so satisfying and comforting! Sometimes you just can't beat regular ole' spaghetti and meatballs. My husband ordered ravioli, which he thought was very good. Everyone else got chicken parm and said nothing but good things about it.

My mom is obsessed with the pumpkin cannolis they have in the fall and winter time - she goes at least once or twice a year to have one. I don't really like pumpkin, so I'll take her word for it :)

I hope this place never goes out of business. It's a Wyandotte original.

2 Thank Sarah Z

Detroit, Michigan
“Our experience was just OK.”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Unfortunately, our experience at Gregorio's didn't quite live up to our expectations. We were seated towards the back of the restaurant near the entrance to the kitchen. Several of the waitstaff were gathered there and having a heated discussion about whose table we were. That settled out and we ordered a bottle of red wine. Unfortunately, the wine was not just room temp, but actually quite warm. A person I assume was a manager or owner sat with another person and a young child at the table across from us conducting the administrative side of the business. The food was ok, not great, but just ok. We had pasta, but I will sat that the pizza at other tables looked quite good. All-in-all, it was an ok experience but not enough to pull us back in a a regular basis. Although, I think we will stop back to try the pizza.

1 Thank neovox
Allen Park, Michigan
“Take it or leave it”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The food was acceptable; Chicken Marsala was quite good, the Shrimp Diablo was ordered "Spicy", but was served bland, the house salads were terrible with NO attentention paid to presentation, just some lettuce and lettuce ribs glopped on a plate with a cherry tomato cut in half. The atmosphere should have been cozy in such a quaint little restaurant, but the 4 or 5 children running around without their parents supervision (other than the one Mother that yelled over our heads to tell her kids that dessert had arrived...No Class!) ruined an otherwise nice Friday night date night. We will not will not be returning to this place anytime soon.

Romulus
“YUMMY!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family tried a variety of foods from the menu and we all went away very satisfied. We started with the mussels and weren't disappointed- very tender and wonderfully buttery with just enough garlic. Personally, I tried the Chicken Marsala and it was awesome- deep, rich flavor with tender chicken that wasn't overcooked, as I sadly almost always expect with restaurant chicken. Even the house dressing with our salad was perfectly balanced with just enough blue cheese to make it unique. The service was personable and efficient. We did go early on a Sunday evening, so it wasn't busy at all. With such limited space I could see how a larger crowd could slow the service down. It would be worth it though, for the quality food and service we received.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Melissa282
Milan, Italy
“Decent home cooking”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Went there the other night to avoid having to drive far.. Tiny place, kind of cozy. With an abundance of staff. The "famous" oil dipping was without flavor at all, the bread was delicious though. The waitress forgot our order of calamari because my friend's request of having her veal Marsala served on top of fettuccine frazzled her. Usually they serve a side of spaghetti with their "famous" marinara. The marinara was average. Nothing to write home about. The side salad consisted of very cold iceberg lettuce with 1/8th of an unripe tomato. The dressing was standard store bought. Our entrees (veal Marsala and chicken Gregorio) were quite tasty: solid pasta comfort food.
I won't be back. The entrees weren't good enough to make up for the rest.