“Good, but not the best”

Angelina's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 78 Restaurants in Wyandotte
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I recently tried Angelina's for the first time after a friend recommended it to me. They have a beautifully decorated space and the staff is friendly. As for the food, it was good but not the best I've had. Tacos were delicious but my enchilada suizas were mediocre at best. I'll stick to tacos if we ever stop in again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

As always, another good experience at Angelina's. Only complaint is they still don't serve beer or liquor. I like to have a mojito with my Mexican. This time I had the fish tacos -- superb!

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Fresh salsa everyday...the kind with tomatoes that are not overcooked and with fresh cilantro! I order tacos al carbon because I am a cilantro addict and they are SO GOOD! I especially like their beans and rice- great rich flavor. I was a long time Mexicab Gardens customer until I decided to give this place a try. Both are great mexican restaurant in the Downriver area. Not bland by any means.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Angelina's food is fresh, and unlike so many Mexican restaurants, not heavy. I leave feeling satisfied but not like I have eaten lead. Waitstaff is friendly and there is a very casual air about the place. Even with a luncheon-sized dinner, I usually can't eat it all. We try to go back at least once a month and have never been disappointed.
On a typical evening in midweek, there is usually no wait even though there is a steady stream of customers. [If you try to eat at any Wyandotte restaurant in the summer during the art fair, prepare for a minimum of an hour wait, though]
Very family friendly. The last time we were in, we saw a couple of multi-generational families including grandparents, parents, and children and everybody seemed to be enjoying themselves.
I think they put something in their food that is addictive as I really do HAVE to go back about once a month.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My twin sister lives in Wyandotte with her husband. I live in Windsor, ON, Canada and Angelina's is a must whenever I am in town. I <3 the salsa (both hot and mild) wish I had an Angelina's closer to me. I have eaten other things (and liked them as well) but the salsa is to die for! Thank you Angelina's!