“Poor service”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
“Poor service”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Beer selection is very good. Service was terrible. Two of us at the table and the waitress forgot to bring one of the beers... For about 30 minutes. Food took over an hour to come to the table.. A ceaser salad and a chicken roll up. Appetizer showed up after we inquired about it and the waitress said it was done and waiting. Would i return or suggest the place? No.

Muskegon, Michigan
“EVERY Beer you can Imagine!!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Is available here. If I recall correctly, they have something like 28 beers on tap, including a number of beers brewed in Michigan. They also have some tastey sandwich selections. The only drawback to this place is that it is very small.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank grasmuss3
“A place I will always stop by from now on”
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

This was my first visit to the Oak Cafe. My friend told me about their great craft beer selection. My girlfriend and I came in for some beers and food.

First and foremost, they don't accept credit cards. You will need to stop by an ATM before your visit. This is an inconvenience for me as I never carry cash. That said, I still love the place. The bar is pretty cozy. Plenty of seats at the bar and plenty of tables to sit at. They have a number of televisions to watch whatever sporting event you want.

We arrived around 6 PM on a Tuesday and they place was busy, but not crowded. The servers seemed very busy getting beers for everyone in the place. I suspect that service can get slow due to the limited number of servers available.

To start off we ordered the beer sampler for $9.00. It was a good deal to get to sample 6 beers. The samples are a good size too. While enjoying the samples we decided to try the Oak Cafe club sandwich on the pretzel bread. It was great. It came with chips and a pickel.

We orderd a couple of pints after our meal and were very cozy and content at the Oak. The bartender was very nice and funny. We had a few questions about the beers that he answered, and made suggestions on what we may like.

If beer is not you thing, they do have some nice quality top shelf spirits. Although with almost 40 beers on tap this is more a beer bar than drink bar. I was tempted to order a Woodford Reserve bourbon, but the beer won that one!

Whatever you like this place has it. Great selection, great food, and a cozy atmosphere. Just remember to bring cash!!

4 Thank travelhawk71
Detroit Mi
“Great food but slow service”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This place has great pulled pork sandwiches, and bar burgers. These aren't your run of the mill cheapo cat grade meat burgers you get at some other downriver establishments. I always order the root beer on tap to wash down my sandwich and fries. Some people complain about them not taking credit cards and i would imagine the place will make it without the business that credit cards bring so they dont need your business. There are several wyandotte business that do this. The service is almost always horrifically slow but they only have a few girls working the grill, bar , and waiting tables so i cut em some slack. All in all a great restaurant. They also have an extensive craft beer selection.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank TheReviewer111
Detroit, Michigan
“Pretty good bar food, great beet selection”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The food is pretty darn good, and the beer selection is top notch. The atmosphere is pretty cool too. Overall, that makes for a good bar.

On the downside, they don't accept credit cards. REALLY? What is this, 1920? I know some of you don't understand my complaint here, but I hardly ever carry cash. It's annoying to have to stop off at the ATM before going to dinner. You who don't understand this complaint will say things like "you should always carry some emergency cash" and blah blah blah to which I say "nonsense!"

Also, the prices are higher for food that at some other local establishments. Still good though, so maybe it's worth it.

My service there has always been 'just ok'. I get my drinks, I get my food. Maybe that's enough.

They serve chips with most sandwiches, I would much prefer fries. But still, overall, very good.

• Visited July 2012