“My last time at this hotel”

Best Western Woodhaven Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Woodhaven
Reviewed June 26, 2014

As I had 1700 pts. toward a free stay I had paid $20. on my credit card by phone for my rewards. At check in that was accepted. At check out the girl wanted a voucher (?) I explained my position and the girl kept up the argument when I said I didn't have any physical proof as I didn't have a statement from my credit card before I left home but assumed it was on her computer. The King bed needs to be replaced as it was hard and lumpy. On the morning we left the florescent light was out over the sink. I reported that. All and all, we found the hotel to be tacky. As this is the closest to family in the area it was our third and last time we'll stay, rewards or no rewards. June Brownlee 6/26/14

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
David B, General Manager at Best Western Woodhaven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Hello 675juneb!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay at the Best Western Woodhaven Inn.

I am sorry that there were some issues during your last stay that didn't get taken care of to your satisfaction. We do strive to provide all of our guests with clean, safe and fairly priced guest rooms while providing superior guest service.

This must have been a misunderstanding with the payment type at check in. If your payment was not processed to your satisfaction, I would welcome a chance to make this right for you. I can be contacted at (734) 676-8000.

We appreciate your business and hope you will give us another try to when you are in the Woodhaven, MI area.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Woodhaven Inn

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Awesome hotel - everything worked from the fitness center to the wireless internet! Restaurant and bar on site is a plus! Even has a game room for the kids. I'll be staying here every time I come up to this area. I forgot to mention that the price was unbelievably low for a hotel with so much to offer.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
David B, General Manager at Best Western Woodhaven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Hello John G!

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Best Western Woodhaven Inn here on Tripadvisor.com. I am happy you were able to enjoy all the Best Western Woodhaven Inn has to offer. We are one of the only hotels in the area with an on site restaurant and lounge. We have everything in one place for our guests. We try to provide all of our guests with superior guest service, clean, safe accommodations all at a fair price. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very clean, friendly, comfortable, lots of activities to do in the area. The staff was friendly upon check in, had no problems or issues during our stay.I go to Michigan twice a year for the Nascar races and this is just about 50 minutes away, very reasonably priced. We work for a sister hotel in Ohio and I was very pleased with the service and all around appearance and staff and amenities of the Hotel. Will be returning in August.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
David B, General Manager at Best Western Woodhaven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Hello Brenda R!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the Best Western Woodhaven Inn. We are excited that you had a wonderful time. We do strive to provide our guests with SUPERIOR customer service, clean and up to date accommodations at a fair price. We love our NASCAR enthusiast. We know you have many choices and appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We hope to see you in August.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Front desk staff we met a male staff that was pleasant but the one night staff had been unpleasant and willing to argue laws on ADA and service dogs. This was what started the unpleasant pieces of our stay.

She forced us to be Ina pet friendly room. Saying it was for being close to grass for my service dog. When I tried to explain ADA laws she refuse to hear them. We got a smaller single king bed room end of hall. Carpets were filthy so much so socks turned black. Never have I ever seen this with a hotel room. Including a photo of where we had moved the tv stand from to see the difference. Room smelled musty and stank. We viewed room left open by housekeeping and floors were much cleaner looking.

A/c unit would run continually. Only way to turn off was to physically turn off. A wall unit didn't work to control the a/c unit.

Light switch turns off some outlets so be careful if you turn off switch. Only provided single serve coffee machines and fridge. NO MICROWAVES IN ROOM. MUST ASK TO USE CONFERENCE A.

Tubs are small. Bathroom was not t up for privacy. Door to toilet can't be closed unless you get in the tub first. Heat light never shut off dispite timer.

Bed sucked, it may have been more comfortable sleeping on the kids trampoline. The bed sprang just as much.

Second shift said not her job to get garbage that was overflowing taken care of. Was going to let it wait until morning. Ran into housekeeper 8:30pm and she said she would and was never informed of it.

Only good things were breakfast was good. Make sure to bring coupon for $2.99 vs 3.99 2 eggs, 2 bacon or sausage, toast and hashbrowns. Do get you though on the milk and juice prices. Bar is good, and they do kareokee friday and Saturday. And have a pool table.

Lastly This one is for Cas, in housekeeping. She went above and beyond for us on MIS day. Thank you again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Hello Gina M!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the Best Western Woodhaven Inn here on Tripadvisor.com. We are concerned that you had a mixed review of good and bad experiences. We do strive to provide all of our guests with SUPERIOR customer service, clean and up to date accommodations at a fair price. We try to make all of our guests comfortable with their accommodations. I hope when you are back in our area, you will give us another try and experience the true spirit and quality of the Best Western Woodhaven Inn.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

when ever we go to woodhaven Trenton area to see family I just found after 35-40 yr we stay here and luv it. this time it was a sad even we had a funeral but still a nice stay.the breakfast was great and I like the way it is a restaurant enviorment instead of a breakfast bar. everyone u run across that is employed here is very friendly always have a smile and say how your day. roomsare always clean and fresh.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
David B, General Manager at Best Western Woodhaven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Hello Pam M!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Best Western Woodhaven Inn! We are excited that you had an "awsom" experience. We strive to provide all of our guests with a superior service with clean and safe accommodations. We are one of the few Best Western's with a restaurant and lounge on site. We offer the discounted breakfast special for our guests for only $2.99 plus tax and also have a menu for those looking for something other than the full hot breakfast special. We hope to see you again when you are back in the Woodhaven, MI area.

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Traveling with my husband for various bowling tournaments. This hotel is OK but just another hotel. Nothing outstanding or great. Breakfast is fresh. Shower pressure better than a lot of others. Beds are ok, but the bed covers seem too small for the bed. Parking was plentiful.

Stayed: May 2014
BWWoodhaven, General Manager at Best Western Woodhaven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Hi Melinda A!

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Best Western Woodhaven Inn here on Tripadvisor.com. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with clean, safe accommodations at a fair price. We know there are many choices when it comes to choosing a hotel and glad you chose ours during your husband's bowling tournaments.

We have updated our hotel to include HDTVs with High Definition programming, fresh, washable bedding cleaned daily and a made to order fresh, hot breakfast just to name a few. We have a very competitive rate in our area for the product we offer all of our guests.

If you find yourself back in the Woodhaven, MI area again, I hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night for a fishing trip. Hotel was clean, front desk was competent and ready for us on our arrival. Room was spacious and clean. Flat screen tv worked as expected. Decent price and there is a Bob Evans and Starbucks only a minute or two away. I would stay again.

Stayed: May 2014
BWWoodhaven, General Manager at Best Western Woodhaven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

EK137:

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the Best Western Woodhaven Inn here on Tripadvisor.com. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide all of our guests with clean, updated accommodations at a reasonable price. We hope you remember us when you are in the Detroit-Woodhaven area.

David Balch

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodhaven
Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven
Baymont Inn & Suites Flat Rock
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center

Been to Best Western Woodhaven Inn? Share your experiences!