“Not quite the same”
Review of Olga's Kitchen

Olga's Kitchen
Ranked #16 of 41 Restaurants in Woodhaven
Reviewed July 27, 2015

Always one of my favorites (see previous review), but this time, not so much. The meat was different, the spinach pie not nearly as wonderful. A bit sad at the decline in flavor. Also, was told the pick up time was 15 minutes, but was closer to 30.

Reviewed June 27, 2015

We really like their food. I always get the original Olga's and it is always very good. The salad and fries are decent also. The wait staff is usually prompt and efficient. The place is normally clean. However, this is one of those places where you just feel you pay to much for what you get, to me the food is not that much more outstanding than a lot of other places that I can get a gyros sandwich and an order of fries. We go because my wife loves their chicken shawarma. As I say, the food is good, just overpriced.

Reviewed June 13, 2015 via mobile

We should have left but it was late and we were tired--just wanted to eat and go home... This place is not kept up well and the food is inconsistent. Check out my photos of the DISGUSTING table showing food in the cracks (which must have taken a long time to build up!) Also, the dirty floor around a table which was set up and (supposedly) ready for customers...

1  Thank KandRC
Reviewed June 8, 2015

I normally love Olga's, but there was no one in here and it took forever. They also sat us right next to the only other table of people. They had four kids that were screaming and fighting the whole time. We actually beat them by finishing first. Even my kids couldn't take it any longer. Food was decent. Service terrible and I'm sure you guessed by now that the atmosphere was awful as well!

Reviewed May 6, 2015

Started going to Olga's years ago in Fairlane, then Southland mall back in the day. Was very happy when they opened one in Woodhaven, even though by then I had moved from Trenton to Illinois. There "Original Olga" is probably the best "gyro" I've ever had and their spinach pie is pretty wonderful, too. There's something about the sort of sweet pita, the meat, and a sprinkle of cayenne combination (cayenne optional, of course) that creates such a unique flavor I've not found elsewhere. I sometimes buy a couple minus the sauce, freeze them, and bring them back to IL, as there are none close by me. Because I'm usually only in Trenton for brief visits, I no longer dine in and carry out is always quick and the quality is consistently good. Will be in Trenton in July or August and am now looking forward to a quick stop!