“Good Hotel, Nothing Wrong” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven

Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Woodhaven
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Hotel, Nothing Wrong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed one night for business. Got upgraded to the third floor whirlpool room which is nice and appreciated, didn't use it though. Spacious eating room with very nice attendant for breakfast, typical HIE continental breakfast. Nothing wrong, rooms were clean, looked older, but had a lot of charm in lobby. One complaint was that the heater wasn't run on a temperature thermostat, so I had to get up twice to turn heater off/turn heater back on. Its cold up there in February. Very nice stay though, would recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Vicki W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear LastMango,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests. Almost every weekend we find our guests to be children; with that in mind we do bring out our party policy, which enforces quiet time. The state of Michigan is a non-smoking state and we do try to ensure that all guests behave in an appropriate and considerate manner while staying with us. The front desk is always available to handle these types of complaints when they are informed.

Again, I regret your stay with us wasn't perfect. I would love to welcome you back to our hotel to give us another chance to prove we care. Should you need any further assistance or to make reservations, you may contact me directly at 734-362-0933.

Vicki Willard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

The lobby and rooms were nice; however the hotel is very noisy. Our room faced the interstate so there was traffic noise; the heater made odd noises; we could hear people talking in the room next to us (it was our friends so I know they weren't particularly loud); and then there were kids running in the hallway off and on all evening. And the worst was the mother yelling at the kids. We should have know that noise was going to be an issue when they made us sign a form when we got there about all the things we couldn't do in the hotel -- include have more than 5 people in a room.

Breakfast was good; a nice spacious breakfast area and they kept everything well stocked.

When my hubby went down for breakfast, 3 people were standing inside the hotel by the elevator smoking. There was also smoke smell in the staircase the night before.

This hotel has some really good things but also so not so good things; therefore, I'm rating it as an average.

Room Tip: Make sure your room doesn't face the interstate and isn't close to the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear LastMango,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here while visiting family in the area. The room was comfortable and very clean and the breakfast was very nice. What really stood out for us though was the excellent service, especially from Vicki, the manager. Vicki was very gracious and it was clear that she wanted us to enjoy every aspect of our stay. Over the years we've stayed at several hotels in the area but in the future we'll always return to this Holiday Inn Express because of the excellent service

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank woodrail
Bridgman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had difficulty finding this HI. Be sure to have very specific directions. The room was fine, clean, bathroom also clean, staff friendly and helpful. We have no particular negatives, but nothing really stood out either. We found their fitness center quite small and under-equipped.

Room Tip: Watch for a low, out of the way sign to direct you to the hotel. It's a little difficult to find...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This HIE is standard, not much more. The location is a bit awkward as it is down a road and hard to see, so if you are looking to walk from it you won't be able to. The rooms are clean, but the bathroom could be updated and the fitness center is very small (three-four machines). I'd stay here again despite the small critiques.

Stay away from the bar/restaurant across the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lincoln Park, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We called and made a reservation for a suite on the first floor because I have trouble getting around.The lady from reservations said they could hook me up. When I got there they said they dont have any more suits on the first floor.I said I specificlly wanted the first floor.I would take any room that has two beds,because we had our 17 year old daughter with us.She once again said she didnt have a room on the first floor.So I told my husband then we are leaving.I looked at the girl and said if you cant but us on the bottom floor,than we are leaving.Can you please tell me why you make a reservation when they cant help you!so finally she said she could put us in a room with a king size bed and bring in a roll-a-way.I said that would work.Why didnt she say that before I threatened to leave.The people there just arent as nice as they use to be.I really dont think we will be going back there.I also left my phone charger there and they said they could find it.I know it was there,there for we feel we can not trust that place any more.Its really went down hill since our last stay.We also got woke up at 3 in the morning from the people upstairs parting.I had to call about that and she told me I was the 3rd person to complain about them.Do what?then why arent you up there doing something about it? Just very disappointed in this visit.I guess its time to find a new place to stay.

Room Tip: dont bother making a reservation,because they dont care!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kannapolis, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This room was big and seemed to be very clean. There were plenty of tables and chairs. We loved the furniture and décor. The bed was very comfortable. Check in was fast, and the staff was friendly and professional. We would stay here again. Love the cinnamon rolls and coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodhaven
BEST WESTERN Woodhaven Inn
Comfort Suites Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#3 of 8 in Southgate
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor

Been to Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven? Share your experiences!