“Volare'!!”
Review of Volare Ristorante

Volare Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Volare Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Wixom
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Award-winning chef/owner Dino Grossi and his family opened Volare Ristorante in the Fall of 2004. Located in the heart of the new downtown Wixom city center, this restaurant features a dramatic interior rich in texture and color. The philosophy is simple: use the best ingredients as simply as possible and serve them with joy and passion. As a Tuscan cooks in Chianti, as a Neapolitan cooks on the Amalfi coast, as a Sicilian cooks in Palermo, at Volare we cook as an Italian might, in the truest sense. We import pasta, Parmigiano Reggiano, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and Prosciutto San Daniele because they are so distinct and virtually indispensable to the creation of a great Italian meal. We fervently believe in the inherent quality, freshness and greatness of our regions' ingredients, purchased from predominantly organic, farmers and friends. Our cheeses come from all over Italy. Our wine list is predominantly Italian, in celebration of the quality and diversity of Italian grape varietals and vinification. Volare Ristorante offers a memorable dining experience of impeccable Italian cuisine, and we have assembled a passionate team that possesses a combination of talent and experience. Volare is our interpretation of the best we have come to know in the Italian culture of family where it is best and most often celebrated, at the dinner table.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The staff, the food, the pastries- everything a wonderful experience. Terrific wine selections, a bit pricey, but very much delicioius.

1  Thank Edie R

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Overall, the restaurant did not live up to our expectations and clearly there are better choices at this price level. My wife and I had heard several positive recommendations and we were prepared for the high prices. We visited on a Thursday night and found the restaurant almost empty. The service was average at best, our server was unattentive and we did not find any of the staff to be friendly or interested in making sure we enjoyed our dining experience. The preparation and quality of the entrees were very good, but overall it did not justify the high price.
We may return on a weekend to see if a larger crowd will instill better service!

Reviewed December 11, 2011

We received a gift card from our son who had been there before.
Our server was excellent all of his suggestions were spot on. The calamari was done perfectly with a very nice sauce complimented it. The bread was fresh and olive oil was smooth and flavorful. Salad was freshly dressed with white balsamic. Our steaks were done medium rare just as we ask. The steak was better than ones I've had a Flemings and Shula's. Our glasses were never empty. The tiramisu is made by the owner and is excellent.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Classic old-style Italian decor, dark wood paneling, big leather booths, Italian music playing.... I liked it! The menu contained the requisite Italian fare with a focus on upscale items(steak & seafood).

After I noticed a pasta classic from Abruzzo, Spaghetti Ala Chitarra, the Italian in me would not let me wander off the pasta section of the menu, so for the 2nd time I ordered the Spaghetti Ala Chitarra.

In addition to its being one of my favorite pasta dishes and not easily found, I was willing to give Volare a second chance to correct a previously disappointing visit.
Both times my pasta came to the table not as ordered; the noodles were "regular" spaghetti (out of the box)! Both times I tried to explain to the server that "Ala chitarra" meant that the pasta sheet was rolled across steel strings which cut the pasta into long strands with a square cross-section as opposed to what they brought me, which was lumps of dough pressed and extruded thru dye resulting in a round cross-section.

Now I know that many people would be rolling their eyes at this point, but when the menu went out of the way to detail the dish and the price was correspondingly high, I assumed I was going to get a "real" Ala chitarra....

After the server spent time to pontificate that I did indeed get what I ordered, I felt the need to Google Spaghetti Ala Chitarra and show him both the picture and definition; this was when he went to get the owner/mgr? She came prepared to battle; with a Chitarra in her hands she explained that the menu was correct and that they indeed served real Spaghetti Ala Chitarra, but since they had a new chef and he was not yet trained to make this dish, I was given what I did not order. I did however still had to pay the premium price for the lower level box spaghetti!

Still feeling taken advantage of..........

1  Thank fredrexnard
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Excellent restaraunt in Wixom, MI with impeccable, friendly service. They have a surprisingly good wine selection, and I have to be honest - they made me the best dry-aged NewYork Strip steak I have ever eaten in my life. The building is a bit misleading, and the interior decor is above-average, but not commensurate with the food quality (which is definitely upscale). The menu is unique, as it comes on a copper-stamped cover. I don't ever comment on the menu's construction, but this was clearly different, unique and interesting to me. Volare is definitely a thumbs-up. and though pricey, it's well-worth the money for that special evening or event. Impressive for such small out-of-the-way place between Detroit & Ann Arbor. Well done.

1  Thank SWAZUS