“Nice Place to Stay”

Comfort Suites Wixom
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Wixom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Clean room and close to the interstate. Only complaint was the shower rod was to high and curtain barely got to the tub. Kind if funny. Will definitely will stay here next time visiting the Brother and Sister-in-Law.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank diserv

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am a bit weary of the negative reviews, I didn't see one aspect of any of this during my stay last weekend. There were two wedding parties staying there and it was busy, but the front desk person was moving everyone along and getting them all excited about their weddings the next day. I just sat back and enjoyed all the excitement. My room was very nice, big and comfortable. I needed to get a room so my brother didn't have to walk far, she was very accommodating. I came out to the desk to ask a question and about a place to go for dinner and she not only asked me what kind of food I wanted but asked if I had a price range I wanted to stay in. Then she gave me three options and directions to all three. Slept well, room was clean and smelled fine and breakfast next morning was terrific with tons of choices.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Robert B
Reviewed September 25, 2012

When I first got there. The front desk services was horrible. The woman in charge said she was the General Manager. Was rude and didn't help. They messed up my room and walked me in a dirty room. Then they finally got me in a room and it smelled of smoke. Ive stayed at the hotel many of times but I would not stay there again. Even the breakfast in the morning was not good. The eggs looked burned and the sausage was hard. The price they ask for the services there is not quality services. I won't bother with going back

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Kera1202
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Let me start off by saying that I read some reviews from some other folks about this hotel before i arrived, and was a bit nervous about what i would expect. You see, my wife is horribly horribly terrified of creepy crawly insects, and some of the reviews of the hotel mentioned the scourge of the hotel industry, the bedbug. I am not fond of bugs myself, but not hysterical about it, and figured that the very first thing i would do is make a detailed inspection of the room. Immediately upon checking in, i waited for the glacially slow elevator to arrive (there is only ONE), and rode up to the 3rd floor. I stayed in room 305, which is midway between the previously mentioned glacially slow elevator and the soda machine at the end of the hallway. I used the keycard, entered the room, and proceeded to rip the sheets and comforter off of the bed, shaking them out. No bugs. I then inspected the mattress seams, looking for the telltale signs, no bugs. I looked in the area of the headboard, and found none there as well. My wife was still not totally reassured, but she climbed down from the coffee table just the same. After we re-made the bed, off we went to the function i was in town for.
When we came back, the comfort of the bed truly shown through. The bed comfort was very good, with an adequate number of pillows which were neither too puffy nor too flat. Here is where the first room gripe comes in. The air conditioning system, which works well, has no constant fan feature. This means it turns on and turns off, and not quietly. My wife and i both found ourselves awakened by this unit all night until i had the brilliant idea of setting the temp to 60, which was as low as it would go. Of course we would have to huddle together under the covers for warmth, but thankfully since the function was at a bar she was somewhat willing once we got back to the room. It did work well though, making the room fit for Penguins and Polar Bears alike.
The next morning, we awoke, turned UP the temp a bit, and had a shower. This was another minor gripe, but it depends on what you are used to i suppose. The shower water pressure was abysmal. It seemed to barely be flowing out of the showerhead, even when adjusted for max pressure. I doubt the hotel could do anything about either of these two issues, but if you choose to stay there you should be aware of them.
Next morning, a hot continental breakfast awaited, and it was actually pretty good, considering it was only an inexpensive hotel (Paid $84 through Expedia). All in all, I dont think you can go too wrong with this hotel, and i would stay there again.

Room Tip: you might like a lower floor, unless you dont mind waiting forever for the single elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sunseeker1066
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed two nights here so that my spouse and I could explore some of the area and go shopping at Twelve Oaks mall for our anniversary.

It was fairly easy to find and handy to Novi, main roads and shopping with many nice restaurants in the area. Below are some of the pros and cons of our stay.

The young woman at the front desk was not informed nor helpful. Firstly she did not realize that we had prebooked a king suite with jacuzzi online. If I hadn't mentioned it, we would not have received it and then she didn't really know how to proceed. There was no map of the area which should be at the front desk for travellers who are not familiar with the area. We received an awesome map from the information desk at Twelve Oaks mall. This should be made available at the hotel.

The pool was out of order the days we were there and again the girl at the front desk didn't seem to know why or anything about it.

We also asked the front desk for a bottle opener and were informed that the one they had was stolen and hadn't been replaced! Come on, buy a few bottle openers for the guests.

The room was clean and had a nice sitting area with frig, microwave and coffeemaker. The jacuzzi tub worked well and I enjoyed that the first night. But in the morning, the ceiling over our tub began to drip water and then within a half hr. the ceiling in our room hallway began to drip water quite heavily. The water issue was of course something beyond their control to be fair. That could happen anywhere. So we weren't upset about it. I called the front desk and we were moved to another room on the 4h floor which was actually nicer and a bit cleaner. No jacuzzi tub though. There are nice large flat screen TV's in the rooms and the free internet worked well.

The beds in both rooms were king and very comfy. The rooms were very quiet which is important to us.

Hot complementary breakfast in the morning was as expected. It was good and in a nice seating area which was kept clean.

Adequate hotel for the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shar0nOntari0
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Our family of five needed a place to stay before spending the day at Greenfield Village. The Queen Suite was clean, and had a little sitting place where mom and dad could read after the kids went to bed. The pool was a nice size and temp, and the breakfast had many protein options. Just the right spot for an inexpensive and brief stay. Just what we were looking for. Right by lots of dining options, and just off the highway for a quick getaway to Dearborn in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sisterofmoses
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Have stayed here for three weeks, have had no issues, three in our party with our own rooms, have not found any bed bugs..yet, and I always look very good. Beds are comftable, hotel is close to freeway, and places to eat within walking distance. If anything changes will let you all know up to this point no problems.

Room Tip: Little road noise, so farther back from highway is probably better
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rauschie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wixom
Hampton Inn & Suites Wixom
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express - Wixom
Staybridge Suites - Novi
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at 14 Mile Road
Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at ...
#1 of 1 in Commerce Township
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson

Been to Comfort Suites Wixom? Share your experiences!