“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wixom
Davison, Michigan
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

One night stay prior to a meeting. Easy on/off I-96 expressway. I had a late check-in and was met by a friendly front desk associate that met me with a smile. I liked the new IHG offer of 500 reward points vs. a bottle of water for my Platinum membership. The bed and pillows were very comfortable as I slept like a rock. The room ac/heater unit seemed a little temperamental as I like it cool when I sleep, even in the winter. The elevator seems a little old and takes a while to traverse between floors. I took the stairs when checking out versus waiting on the elevator.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ronald B
Patricia V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Wixom, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We are looking into update some of our heaters that have any noise issues. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Have a wondeful weekend.

Patricia Vazquez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Hallways, staircases & room all had a strong Odor of air fresher. Elevator felt old, so always took the stairs & held my breath. Room heater/air conditionor had cold air pouring in around it, the heat ran constantly because it was a very cold night. The room had a dust smell mixed with a bad air freshener, it needs a good carpet cleaning.
The snacks served were not very good, they made their own cookies & had some corn dogs. No one was overseeing the area and people were grabbing food with their hands instead of using utensils. The free can of beer was good though after a long day of driving in bad weather!
Staff was friendly at check in, but didn't seem concerned when I said the room was poor when asked. We were just to tired to asked for a new room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am very sorry you experienced an unpleasant stay. I will take your suggestions to maintenance immediately, so that we can correct the issues. We value your opinion and business greatly. We hope that you will stay with us agian.

Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a night to be in close proximity to a family gathering. There is easy access from the e-way. I was greeted by Marlow at the front desk immediately upon entering the hotel. He was very helpful and friendly. My room was even upgraded to a suite. The room was very nice and spacious. The facility was quiet, and very well maintained. Although I did not partake of it, there was a nice breakfast spread. Again, upon my departure, I was treated very nicely. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff was helpful. We hope to see you again real soon. Have a wonderful weekend.

Adrian, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

The hotel is an easy exit off the interstate, in an up and coming developmental area. The staff is exceedingly friendly and goes above and beyond to be helpful. Room was upgraded to a suite and it was very spacious. There was a crack in the tile floor in the bathroom, and the seam to the carpeted area was full of runs, but the room was clean and well appointed. Breakfast had many good choices and the lobby was marvelous--lots of room to use the computer, sit and read or enjoy visiting with friends at tables. Would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Hotel staff were friendly exceptionally helpful with finding us great restaurants and local entertainment. The hotel room, work-out area, and pool were clean and well maintained. Breakfast was included in the room rate and was very good.

Room Tip: Room service is not available but numerous restaurants deliver.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
patricia v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Wixom, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. We look forward to you visting us again.

Thanks,

Patricia
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I almost did not stay at this hotel because someone gave it a bad review. However I travel every and have stayed at other Holiday Inns so I thought I would give it a try. I was so delighted when I walked through the door and was greeted by two staff members at the front desk who made me feel like a special guest. The carpets had just been cleaned in the rooms and the bed was very comfortable. I typically have trouble sleeping the first night in a hotel but not so here. I slept so sound both nights. After I checked in I received a call from the front desk asking if my room was satisfactory to me. The second night I came through the door I was greeting by the front desk associate saying welcome home from your day at work, I hope you enjoy your evening. For the price the hotel is clean and the staff is excellent. I recommend it highly

Stayed July 2013
Marshall, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

this is a nice hotel close to the Novi Convention Center we were visiting. clean rooms with large flat screen TV's and a frig. We had 2 queen beds and there was adequate space. Nice breakfast with hot items. Wifi and a pool. Very nice clerks. There are many restaurants and shopping in a 5 mile radius. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wixom
Comfort Suites Wixom
Staybridge Suites - Novi
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi
Crowne Plaza Hotel Detroit-Novi

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Wixom? Share your experiences!