“Very Nice Hotel, Takes CLC, BUT”

Holiday Inn Express - Wixom
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wixom
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Nice Holiday Inn, serves breakfast and a light supper most nights I believe. Take CLC card, rooms were nice, right off highway, plenty to do in the area. I did have a couple issues, the front desk personal were not so friendly, but the biggest problem I had is one of the people in our group was standing in the lobby, and the front desk gave an individual mine and the other people in our parties names "after seeing our company truck in the parking lot". To me this is very unacepitable, and I believe to be against most hotels rules, for this reason we moved to a hotel in a diffrent town and will not return.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be nice, sits away from highway so not much road noise with a/c on
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Rauschie,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you soon.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I'm here on a business trip. I very pleased with the room. Refrigerator, microwave, and big tv. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jdstratton
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel on and off for several weeks because of company business. Every time I have stayed here there has been a serious housekeeping issue. They don't change the linens during your stay and have not vacuumed my room in 3 days. They knowingly gave me a room that had a faulty bathroom and then said that there was nothing that they could do because they were sold out. They don't replace the toiletries unless you ask and the curtains in each of the rooms I have been given are grimy. I guess is you are looking for a bargain then this is your place. I know they changed the name from a "Baymont" to a "Holiday Inn Express" but frankly they should change it back. This is not the HI standard.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! There is a Comfort Suites down the street and 2 Marriotts within 5 miles.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We were on a weekend getaway with two small children and knew we weren't going to make it to our destination. We happened to get off the expressway and find this hotel. It was clean, quiet, and not far from food and a grocery store. We didn't spend a lot of time here, we basically stopped, slept, ate and left first thing but like I said, the room was clean and quiet and the breakfast was actually not bad. The price couldn't be beat either. Overall a good place to stay for tired travelers :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Nothing really to report since it was a pretty new hotel. Went and printed off our flight check in tickets in no time on their computer and printer. They have 2 computers in the hotel lobby right in the breakfast area. I kinda liked it like that instead of some room off somewhere by itself.

They have a really nice big breakfast set up also which now it seems that hotels are really gearing towards this free continental breakfast thing. A very nice hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Patricia V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Wixom, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your continued business.

Patricia Vazquez

Reviewed March 1, 2011

Our daughter got married in January of this year and we used this hotel as the recommended accomodations for our guests. My wife and I also stayed on the wedding night. As I understand, it the hotel was significantly updated when it changed hands from Baymont to Holiday Inn, and it appeared they had done a good job of it. We are avid non-smokers, and appreciated the absence of any smoke or other stale odors. Our wedding block consisted of about 20 rooms and we heard no complaints from anyone in our group. For a hotel of this caliber, I thought the free breakfast offered a good tasty selection of hot and cold items. The hotel even set up at no charge a separate conference room for us adjacent to the standard breakfast area so that we could have some privacy. The shuttle, which is offered free after 15 booked rooms, worked well to Lyon Oaks where the reception was held. And although I was nervous that two trips each way for the reception would not be enough, Keith, the hotel manager, was entirely correct and those two trips were plenty. Overall, I was very pleased with our experience at this hotel and would recommend it to others having a reception at Lyon Oaks or other venues in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dale P
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We planned to stay here NYE with our daughters so that they could swim.
When we got to the hotel the key cards did'nt work.After having us try 8 cards they switched our rooms.
We put on our suits and went to the pool area,the pool water was so cold it hurt when you put your feet in it.The hot tub was so hot you skin would instantly turn red and burn.
My husband went to talk to the worker at the front desk and he told my husband that it was a non-heated pool.Seriously? A non-heated pool during the winter in Michigan.The guy at the front deask told my husband that he has never heard of a non-heated pool on a hotel in Michigan.
We then left the pool area and I went to the front desk and requested a refund.The whole reason we were there was to swim,and that was not going to be happening there.
We were not the only ones who had a problem with the water temps a group of teenages also complained.
The rude guy at the front desk did say that he would cancel our reservations.When went and packed our stuff and on the way out my husband requested a copy of the reservation cancelation,he insisted that he could not give us any such thing.That there was nothing on him "computer screen" that was anything he could print out.
I explained that we needed verification that he canceled our reservations and that we would be getting a refund.Then he told me that it was up to my bank,and I needed to talk to them about getting a refund. Really?? My bank has nothing to do with Holiday Inn refunding my money.
The guy began to argue,yell and continued to be extremely rude.By this time there was a lobby full of guest trying to check-in.
I would NEVER go back to that location again.There stuff is EXTREMELY rude and have horrible customer service.
When in the park lot I called 800 Holiday and they were very nice and understood everything I explained about what happened they apologized and were able to send me a email with the cancelation information within minutes.
Now why could the hotel clerk not have done that or told me to call the numbe and they could do it.

We are Priority Rewards Members and have never been treated like that before.Staff like that will give Holiday Inn a bad rep.

We went a few Miles down the road to another Holiday Inn where the staff at that location apologized for the rude guy at this location.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NMJr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wixom
Hampton Inn & Suites Wixom
1 mi away
Comfort Suites Wixom
Staybridge Suites - Novi
Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Wixom? Share your experiences!