“Housekeeping needs an upgrade.”

Holiday Inn Express - Wixom
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wixom
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Housekeeping needs an upgrade.”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel on and off for several weeks because of company business. Every time I have stayed here there has been a serious housekeeping issue. They don't change the linens during your stay and have not vacuumed my room in 3 days. They knowingly gave me a room that had a faulty bathroom and then said that there was nothing that they could do because they were sold out. They don't replace the toiletries unless you ask and the curtains in each of the rooms I have been given are grimy. I guess is you are looking for a bargain then this is your place. I know they changed the name from a "Baymont" to a "Holiday Inn Express" but frankly they should change it back. This is not the HI standard.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! There is a Comfort Suites down the street and 2 Marriotts within 5 miles.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Michigan
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We were on a weekend getaway with two small children and knew we weren't going to make it to our destination. We happened to get off the expressway and find this hotel. It was clean, quiet, and not far from food and a grocery store. We didn't spend a lot of time here, we basically stopped, slept, ate and left first thing but like I said, the room was clean and quiet and the breakfast was actually not bad. The price couldn't be beat either. Overall a good place to stay for tired travelers :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Nothing really to report since it was a pretty new hotel. Went and printed off our flight check in tickets in no time on their computer and printer. They have 2 computers in the hotel lobby right in the breakfast area. I kinda liked it like that instead of some room off somewhere by itself.

They have a really nice big breakfast set up also which now it seems that hotels are really gearing towards this free continental breakfast thing. A very nice hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Patricia V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Wixom, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your continued business.

Patricia Vazquez
Walled Lake, Mi
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Our daughter got married in January of this year and we used this hotel as the recommended accomodations for our guests. My wife and I also stayed on the wedding night. As I understand, it the hotel was significantly updated when it changed hands from Baymont to Holiday Inn, and it appeared they had done a good job of it. We are avid non-smokers, and appreciated the absence of any smoke or other stale odors. Our wedding block consisted of about 20 rooms and we heard no complaints from anyone in our group. For a hotel of this caliber, I thought the free breakfast offered a good tasty selection of hot and cold items. The hotel even set up at no charge a separate conference room for us adjacent to the standard breakfast area so that we could have some privacy. The shuttle, which is offered free after 15 booked rooms, worked well to Lyon Oaks where the reception was held. And although I was nervous that two trips each way for the reception would not be enough, Keith, the hotel manager, was entirely correct and those two trips were plenty. Overall, I was very pleased with our experience at this hotel and would recommend it to others having a reception at Lyon Oaks or other venues in the area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dale P
Westland, Michigan
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We planned to stay here NYE with our daughters so that they could swim.
When we got to the hotel the key cards did'nt work.After having us try 8 cards they switched our rooms.
We put on our suits and went to the pool area,the pool water was so cold it hurt when you put your feet in it.The hot tub was so hot you skin would instantly turn red and burn.
My husband went to talk to the worker at the front desk and he told my husband that it was a non-heated pool.Seriously? A non-heated pool during the winter in Michigan.The guy at the front deask told my husband that he has never heard of a non-heated pool on a hotel in Michigan.
We then left the pool area and I went to the front desk and requested a refund.The whole reason we were there was to swim,and that was not going to be happening there.
We were not the only ones who had a problem with the water temps a group of teenages also complained.
The rude guy at the front desk did say that he would cancel our reservations.When went and packed our stuff and on the way out my husband requested a copy of the reservation cancelation,he insisted that he could not give us any such thing.That there was nothing on him "computer screen" that was anything he could print out.
I explained that we needed verification that he canceled our reservations and that we would be getting a refund.Then he told me that it was up to my bank,and I needed to talk to them about getting a refund. Really?? My bank has nothing to do with Holiday Inn refunding my money.
The guy began to argue,yell and continued to be extremely rude.By this time there was a lobby full of guest trying to check-in.
I would NEVER go back to that location again.There stuff is EXTREMELY rude and have horrible customer service.
When in the park lot I called 800 Holiday and they were very nice and understood everything I explained about what happened they apologized and were able to send me a email with the cancelation information within minutes.
Now why could the hotel clerk not have done that or told me to call the numbe and they could do it.

We are Priority Rewards Members and have never been treated like that before.Staff like that will give Holiday Inn a bad rep.

We went a few Miles down the road to another Holiday Inn where the staff at that location apologized for the rude guy at this location.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank NMJr
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed December 15, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 10 nights. Firstly, they didn't restock my room with tissues for my entire 10 night stay!! Secondly, I was shocked in my last night when I reached the hotel, and I couldn't enter my room and when I went to the lobby, the hotel manager told me that my room card was blocked because there were some towels missing from the room!!! but I did NOT take any thing from the room and sweared to the manager that I didn't take anything from the room but he was rude and did not believe me.... Beware of this hotel, this could happen to you!!! I will never stay in this hotel again, never ever!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank traveller250947
patricia v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Wixom, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I am very sorry to hear about your experience in 2010. Please be assured this will not happen again. We are under new management. I am the new General Manager and I have a staff that is curteous and professional. I hope you can give us a chance to make your stay very pleasant.

Patricia Vazquez
Blair, Nebraska
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This was the first of 7 hotel/motel facilities for our trip to Michigan and THE BEST! We stayed at 2 other Holiday Inn Express facilities and this is the best. Very Clean, almost NEW, lots of parking all lit up. Very quiet and they even discounted the room that night without asking for no reason. Breakfast was great, it was fresh and was staffed to preclude shortages and the staff thanked all of us for staying with them. 30 minute drive from DTW at night was a trip of horror, traffic construction and congestion but thanks to a GPS we found this place with no problem, then to have everything perfect including a comfortable bed was the iceing on the cake.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clark K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wixom
Staybridge Suites - Novi
Comfort Suites Wixom
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi
Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at 14 Mile Road
Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at ...
#1 of 1 in Commerce Township
TownePlace Suites Detroit Commerce

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Wixom? Share your experiences!