“Good BBQ; certainly not fine dining”

Bone Heads Bar-B-Que
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Willis
Cuisines: American
Description: 10256 Willis Road Willis, Michigan 48191 734-461-9250
Description: 10256 Willis Road Willis, Michigan 48191 734-461-9250
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I live in the area and was lured here by the billboards, as I typically do not drive in this direction, but we decided to try something new. The building has definitely been around; big unpaved parking lot and a restaurant in an old house. That being said, it all works for this restaurant. The place is casual and rustic; this is certainly not fine dining or even Ann Arbor main street dining; this is a small town hole in the wall type place, but again, I have no issues with this. I had the ribs, which were fall off the bone good, excellent coleslaw, and the beans. The person I was with had the salad with chicken and we both left happy. Overall, a good meal at a good price. Certainly much better than Rub barbeque, and in the same league as Blue Tractor. In any case, we were both happy with our meals and will go back again.

There are newer reviews for Bone Heads Bar-B-Que

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Almost left when we saw 5 open tables empty, no one taking our name, and not even a sigh to wait to be seated or seat yourself. After standing in front of what appears to be a hostess station in the old remodeled home for about 4 to 5 minutes and watching the oblivious confusion the Early/Late dinner switch over was causing the staff staff this day. But were then quickly seated about 4 minutes later. The pickle chips were the best we've had, the Ribs for my liking were a bit to tender, but the Brisket was by far the best I've eaten, as was their Clam Chowder. Certainly worth the small wait and confusion upon entering.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My daughter took me last night for my Birthday, been there before, had a young waitress that acted like we were a bother whenever we asked for anything! EX: extra napkins for ribs, replacing my daughters ice cold out of the fridge corn muffin, mine was warm, pulled pork was mushy out of the tub, burnt sweet potato, and burned ribs, If you know what good BBQ taste's like avoid this place..

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Don't let this older landmark building fool you, the food is great! My husband and I drive quite a way to get their BBQ!
A favorite place for motorcycles, however, they are never out of hand, the guys and gals are too busy eating there food! (Restaurant sits on a scenic road.)_
The building is separated into a bar with plenty of seating, and tvs, and then there is a more family friendly dining room. Either area is great. Patio seating during the warm months.
I recommend the $19.99 BBQ sampler plate (enough for two), the meat is tender, moist and
tasty! The only thing is the sides are small, so you may want to order an extra side of beans.
Excellent desserts as well, large and worth the money, sundaes are very good:)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

this place was great good food no wait lots of seating the staff was great and explained the menu to us. I have eaten some really good bar- b-que before but this was great some of the best i have ever eaten this place is a must if you like good food and nice helpings