All reviews beautiful property walking trails hot tub home grown bed and breakfast dietary restrictions llama farm place to stay hosts retreat attic hammocks wedding guests lansing michigan
Selected filters
Reviewed May 21, 2016

This place is fantastic, especially if you travel with a group. The first floor has an amazing kitchen area perfect for playing board/card games, a sitting area to hang out with all your buddies and chit chat late into the night and a nice little library area if you just want some quiet time to read and snuggle up in a comfy chair.

The fridge is stocked with drinks, there is a convenient coffee/tea station and then that cookie jar which I couldn't resist.

I stayed in the spinning loft upstairs. The room was cosy and clean. The bathroom was well stocked with soft towels. It was perfect.

Do not stay here if you are on a diet ;) The breakfast is just too delicious. Lots of fresh fruit, juice, granola, homemade blue berry pancakes, carrot muffins, chocolate muffins, crispy bacon and delicious breakfast casseroles!! The host was also super sweet to make special dishes for my sister-in-laws (one was a vegetarian and the other was allergic to all dairy).

I didn't get to see the llhamas because it was raining when we were there but I did get to see the cutest labs !!!

I highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Sooney C, Owner at The Willowicke Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for this wonderful review! Your crew was great and I always love to make sure my guests are provided with all the foods that meet their particular dietary needs! You will have to come back and meet the Llamas....a new baby is due this June!

Reviewed May 8, 2016

My sister and I booked a last minute get-away to the Willowicke Inn. We were blown away! The home and property are amazing (we loved the llamas), one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. Sooney was more than hospitable. She made us feel right at home and "spoiled". Breakfast was fantastic. Highly recommend! Already planning a girls weekend later this summer!

Room tip: The attic room (on third floor) is huge, very comfortable bed and whirlpool tub.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank lynnie518
Reviewed April 16, 2016

The Willowicke Inn is absolutely charming! The rooms are comfortably elegant, the food is delicious, and the setting is wonderful--beauty visible in every direction! Sooney makes you feel right at home and your time will be so relaxing that you won't want to leave!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We discovered this beautiful B&B online about a year ago & hoped to book a stay. To our disappointment, it was already booked up. My husband however, remembered how much I hoped to stay there & surprised me by booking the Attic Treasures room for our anniversary this past weekend! He couldn't have made a better choice.

Decorated to perfection for it's time-period, the moment you step through the door you feel welcome & relaxed. There is a cozy sitting room with television & lots of DVD's & Videos to watch if you so desire... This room also welcomes you to sit & have a conversation or curl up with a book as well. Coffee, tea, & hot cocoa are easily accessable in the dining room.

Don makes Beautiful Rugs (that you can purchase!) out of the llama wool... and they are so soft!

Our room was delightful & the bed very comfortable. It felt so good to go to a bit of country! The grounds are beautifully landscaped & the llam's make for a unique experience. Trying to feed them apples from our hand was fun as well. Did you know that llama's have no bad odor? A very nice surprise indeed!

We really enjoyed our leisurely conversation with Don, the owner while we ate our "Very Delicious" breakfast of Gluten Free ham, an amazig egg dish, fresh fruit, & the very best Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins we've ever eaten! Thank you Don, for being so thoughtful & packing some up for our travel home. We enjoyed them for lunch! (His wife Sheryl, was out of town that weekend).

We have stayed at many B&B's & we most definitely put Topliff's Tara at the top of our list. We are looking forward to visiting this lovely & welcoming B&B again sometime, as well as meeting Sheryl.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DebRu05
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We spent the weekend at Topliff's based on the recommendations of some friends who were also staying there. The location is rural, yet not hard to find. The grounds are lovely. The rooms had unique decorating touches and were very comfortable. Sheryl is a wonderful hostess and made us feel right at home. Her breakfasts are outstanding! We really liked the living and dining room areas that were open 24 hours and stocked with snacks and beverages. We really enjoyed relaxing and watching TV in the cozy living room. And the llamas are very cute..... We hope to be back!

Room tip: There are all nice - the music and quilts rooms share a bathroom
Date of stay: October 2012