All reviews beautiful property walking trails hot tub home grown bed and breakfast dietary restrictions llama farm place to stay hosts retreat attic hammocks wedding guests lansing michigan
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2016

My sister and I booked a last minute get-away to the Willowicke Inn. We were blown away! The home and property are amazing (we loved the llamas), one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. Sooney was more than hospitable. She made us feel right at home and "spoiled". Breakfast was fantastic. Highly recommend! Already planning a girls weekend later this summer!

Room tip: The attic room (on third floor) is huge, very comfortable bed and whirlpool tub.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank lynnie518
Reviewed April 16, 2016

The Willowicke Inn is absolutely charming! The rooms are comfortably elegant, the food is delicious, and the setting is wonderful--beauty visible in every direction! Sooney makes you feel right at home and your time will be so relaxing that you won't want to leave!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We discovered this beautiful B&B online about a year ago & hoped to book a stay. To our disappointment, it was already booked up. My husband however, remembered how much I hoped to stay there & surprised me by booking the Attic Treasures room for our anniversary this past weekend! He couldn't have made a better choice.

Decorated to perfection for it's time-period, the moment you step through the door you feel welcome & relaxed. There is a cozy sitting room with television & lots of DVD's & Videos to watch if you so desire... This room also welcomes you to sit & have a conversation or curl up with a book as well. Coffee, tea, & hot cocoa are easily accessable in the dining room.

Don makes Beautiful Rugs (that you can purchase!) out of the llama wool... and they are so soft!

Our room was delightful & the bed very comfortable. It felt so good to go to a bit of country! The grounds are beautifully landscaped & the llam's make for a unique experience. Trying to feed them apples from our hand was fun as well. Did you know that llama's have no bad odor? A very nice surprise indeed!

We really enjoyed our leisurely conversation with Don, the owner while we ate our "Very Delicious" breakfast of Gluten Free ham, an amazig egg dish, fresh fruit, & the very best Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins we've ever eaten! Thank you Don, for being so thoughtful & packing some up for our travel home. We enjoyed them for lunch! (His wife Sheryl, was out of town that weekend).

We have stayed at many B&B's & we most definitely put Topliff's Tara at the top of our list. We are looking forward to visiting this lovely & welcoming B&B again sometime, as well as meeting Sheryl.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DebRu05
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We spent the weekend at Topliff's based on the recommendations of some friends who were also staying there. The location is rural, yet not hard to find. The grounds are lovely. The rooms had unique decorating touches and were very comfortable. Sheryl is a wonderful hostess and made us feel right at home. Her breakfasts are outstanding! We really liked the living and dining room areas that were open 24 hours and stocked with snacks and beverages. We really enjoyed relaxing and watching TV in the cozy living room. And the llamas are very cute..... We hope to be back!

Room tip: There are all nice - the music and quilts rooms share a bathroom
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank GMcNHawkeye
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I just love this place and Sheryl is always so friendly, kind and gracious. From my first stay a few years ago I remembered she made decadent chocolate chip muffins as part of breakfast. I mentioned that to her on my second visit this year and much to my delight she made them for the breakfast feast the following morning. This is what you can expect from this wonderful host - consideration on every level. The rooms are serenely decorated in gorgeous subdued tones and leave you wanting for nothing, except perhaps extra nights in which to enjoy. Her llamas are such fun to observe and the farm so peaceful and relaxing, you'd never suspect it's as close to the city as it actually is. I have stayed here twice now and look forward to the next! Thanks Sheryl!

Room tip: There are no ground floor rooms, all require stairs to access.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank mothershiporphan
Sooney C, Owner at The Willowicke Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2016

There is a first floor room with private bathroom at this time! Renovations between 2012 and 2016 have now provided easy access for those who prefer first floor accommodations. As the new owner of Topliff's Tara,now named The Willowicke Inn, we strive to uphold the excellence in service provided by the Topliff Family! I hope those who stayed at Topliff's Tara in the past come visit The Willowicke Inn soon!