“Great Course, needs one more set of tees”

LochenHeath Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf, invented in Scotland, Perfected in Traverse City. Even in northern Michigan - the Midwest's golf capital - LochenHeath Golf Club stands out. Rated by Golf Digest for 2015 as #12 Best Course in Michigan and has been listed in both Golf Magazine and Golfweek as a Top Course You Can Play, the challenging 7,239-yard course, only minutes from downtown Traverse City, is a shot-maker's dream. The Scottish links-style design is one of very few in northern Michigan and features rolling terrain, wide open fairways and deep, well-placed bunkers. Many holes offer sweeping views of Grand Traverse Bay. Beyond golf, LochenHeath has an outstanding restaurant, a well-stocked pro shop, and an attentive staff that's eager to please. We are transitioning to a fully private club but invite outside play during this transition. For the perfect golf experience, please call to reserve your tee time.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The course is beautiful, the staff is great! They could just use one more set of tees for the women. 5888 yards with dramatic uphills and a great deal of wind is just a lot for most woman.

1  Thank Michael S

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Played golf here for the first time in late August. I play a lot of golf and have played a lot of great golf courses. Lochenheath has to rank at the top of the list if courses that I have played.

The practice facility is second to none. I could easily spend 3 hours a day on this practice range working on my game.

The entire staff was fantastic. From the pro shop to the cart guy it was first rate. Before our round the director of golf gave us pro tips about where u want to stay away from on every hole. It was like having a caddie along with us. I hope they understand how big of a help this is to the golfers, let alone a hell of a nice thing to do.

We had a weather delay on our second hole, the staff came out and had us come in off the course. A very nice gesture to bring everyone off the course at once for safety and to keep a good pace of play when the course was deemed fit for play.

Having said all of that the course is absolutely beautiful. Sure it can be a difficult course but I think it is an extremely fair course, tournament quality in my eyes.

Make sure to steer clear if the false fronts.

I will surely be back in the future. If you are looking to play a beautiful golf course and to be treated well take a trip to lochenheath.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

One of our favorite courses in Northern Michigan, beautiful and challenging. Would recommend it when in Northwestern Michigan. Stay for food and drink. Great eats and view over course to East Bay is stunning.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Course was in great shape, but it's challenging. Some excellent views of West Bay. Staff was friendly. Clubhouse, restaurant well appointed and good food. Only downside was kitchen prep was slow and we were short of time.
Apparently started as a private golf club, didn't make it and was rescued and is now public. I think if you try it, you will like it. It's just up the road from Grand Traverse Resort which per 1 of my other reviews is also worth the trip and also has some high quality golf options.
Maybe I sound like Tim Allen, but Pure Michigan really is the best in the Summer and Fall!